Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Glass Cleaner new formula - review

quebert

They say a pictures worth a thousand words, dunno what happened but my before and after pictures turned out awful and weren't worth 100 words. So you'll just have to take my word here, if you want...

I bought the kit with the sealant and towels. I live in So Cal where it never rains so it makes sense I wanted to put sealant on my windows to help with rain when I'm driving.  Anywho I had the old formula glass cleaner, it's right around my favorite. I have another brand I like but it's flash time sucks. Anywho, yesterday we had some crazy out of nowhere dust storm that dirtied up my wind shield. Then later that night it rained for about 10 seconds. I used my wipers but forgot my fluid tank was empty so all that happened was the dirt smeared all over.

This afternoon I decided to try out the new cleaner. I was too lazy to wash my car first, and the windows were too dirty for me to want to soil up the glass towels that came with the kit. So I used an older very short nap black MF towel I got somewhere ages ago. I dunno maybe Target *shrug*

Afew light sprays and a few wipes then I flipped the MF and buffed it.  It did an exceptional job at removing the dirt. I had respray the bird poop areas but it too came off pretty easily. Doing a quick semi sloppy job with the wrong MF I was still impressed. I absolutely cannot wait to nanoskin + clean + sealant it. It also smells good, not sure if it's my top pick for windows but at worst it's neck and neck with the other stuff I use. 

^I noticed it in testing the flash off time was much better to avoid streaking, and I was one of the guys who pointed out that the formula works just as well with standard 300gsm low nap microfiber towels as it does with dedicated glass towels.  Glad you like it, its definitely a step above the old for sure!

I washed my car today and clay bared the windshield. Nanoskin Autoscrube Sponge thingy'ed the windshield. I have the fine one and even after 3 passes with Glide the baggy test I could still feel some bumps, but it was a lot smoother. I need to order the medium one and see what it can do. Anywho I cleaned it with glass cleaner + the Adam's glass towel. Then I applied the glass sealant and after a few minutes I re-cleaned it again. 

WOW it's clean, I have a lot of impurities, I can see a million tiny glitter looking specks when the sun hits it just right. Dunno what caused it, I can't feel them and claying doesn't make any different. Any ways, when I left for work today I marveled at how clear my windshield was. I didn't drive before the sealant so I don't know if that made a difference. But this is the cleanest I've had it in ages.

I will be buying more of both, definitely a gallon for the cleaner.

Edited by quebert