Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cyclo Model 5 or Rupes Bigfoot 15mm?

cev103

Question

I currently have a PC but I've been wanting to upgrade to something less entry level.  I was originally planning to go with the Cyclo and then Adam's had to go and add the Rupes to their selection and now I'm a tad overwhelmed.

So I primarily do this for mine and my wife's vehicle which are both under 2 years old and the paint is in good condition, so I know the Cyclo will be fine for regular upkeep, but I also enjoy doing friends vehicle for dollars once in a while.  I am concerned however that if I ever do need more correction power will the Cyclo be enough?  I plan on keeping my PC for now and thought about converting it to the 4 inch pads.  Here are my two different thought processes on this:

Get the Cyclo mainly because I don't have vehicles that need severe correction and keep the PC as a backup (can it correct better than the Cyclo?)  Again I like the Cyclo because of low vibration and you can get in tighter areas without switching machines.

Get the Rupes 15mm (better correction than the Cyclo?) and convert the PC to 4 inch pads for tighter areas.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mazzdog,

I have the Cyclo and Mini, as well as the Flex.

Myself, I use the Flex for surfaces which require major correction only.

I use the Cyclo for those which need moderate correction, and for finishing with Adam's Finish Polish.

I use the Mini for small quick touch ups, or in areas where the other machines may have a hard time getting into.

Be aware, that the Cyclo with the 4" pads gets into more places than you think, as it is very versatile just by changing the direction the machine works a certain area.

Be sure to check out the Adam's videos demonstrating the machines, and giving you advice on choosing the right polisher for your needs. 

Cyclo is definitely an underrated machine, the new pads I'm sure help it correct much better than the previous gen.

Seriously an underrated machine. With the right pads and compounds it can make quick work of things

Cyclo brand pads and backing plates are actually pretty good too. Although there is less room for error with their backing plate as it goes all the way to the edge of the pad.

Thanks for the info. I guess i'll go with the cyclo. Should I get the mini too or just wait to see if it's needed? I like this route since its same pads for both. Probably just need to get cyclo and go from there and see if I can't get in any really tight spots and if that even bothers me. At least I'm starting to rule out the 15 rupes. Appreciate all the help.

I don't have the expendable income to consider buying a $350 machine and seeing if another $350 machine "is needed" but I applaud you for that.

I would try the Cyclo first for sure before purchasing another machine. You are on the right track with the using the same size pads on both machines though.

Thanks for the info. I guess i'll go with the cyclo. Should I get the mini too or just wait to see if it's needed? I like this route since its same pads for both. Probably just need to get cyclo and go from there and see if I can't get in any really tight spots and if that even bothers me. At least I'm starting to rule out the 15 rupes. Appreciate all the help.

You can maneuver the Cycle in odd ways to get around some things. A pillars near the mirrors come to mind.

I don't have the expendable income to consider buying a $350 machine and seeing if another $350 machine "is needed" but I applaud you for that.

I would try the Cyclo first for sure before purchasing another machine. You are on the right track with the using the same size pads on both machines though.

Having same pads on two different machines is really nice to have. But cleaning that many pads kinda sucks some days.

Yea was hoping for this answer. I don't mind the cost if it was a necessity but not going to get of its only a couple minor spots I can't get too. I'll probably order the cyclo tomorrow. Hopefully before the daily special ends for the 6 pack of single soft towels :)