Customer Service 866.965.0400

Well I ordered the latest formulas as well as the new 6" pads. We will give it another go

Did you get the 5" backing plate too? If I remember right the backing plate for the 7" pads would be too big for the 6" pads

Thank you for the reply

if I use the orbital detailer I can you use it to apply polishes etc with out taking down clear coat?

the only time it will is if I use paint correction compounds?

Edited by seattlelife22

Thank you for the reply

if I use the orbital detailer I can you use it to apply polishes etc with out taking down clear coat?

the only time it will is if I use paint correction compounds?

Pretty much any product will work down some of the clear, but the light polishes will do it very minimally. With the holograms that you have though, you need to work it down some to even it out.

I dont have holograms now...it was on a car I just sold. I just bought a new car and I am just trying to prevent it. I just thought a "pro" put holograms then I am sure I will. I am reading with the right tool and techniques I should be alright.

I dont have holograms now...it was on a car I just sold. I just bought a new car and I am just trying to prevent it. I just thought a "pro" put holograms then I am sure I will. I am reading with the right tool and techniques I should be alright.

As long as you use an orbital polisher, you should be fine. Watch all of the Adam's videos and go for it. It's the rotary buffers that can do the most damage.

Well I ordered the latest formulas as well as the new 6" pads. We will give it another go

If you ordered the 6" pads, you need to also order the 5" backing plate.  5" plate goes with 6" pads, 6" plate goes with 7" pads, etc

I did some more experimentation and reved up the pc with improved results. Question is how do I know when to rely on the white finishing to get the job done. How far do you take the swirl and haze. Should that generate my desired results or should the finishing polish get it. How much correction is the finish polish capable of. Thanks again

I never used the old system, but think about it like this, the finishing polish is really going to only take extremely light haze thats left out of the paint, but its not going to get rid of any scratches/swirls.  Think about it as improving gloss and clarity from your previous steps, but not doing much noticeable correction in your final step.

Great success!! Tried a test section with the new gen pads and updated polishes. Perfect. Can't wait to get the rest done. So much less effort than the old stuff. Sorry Adam but I saved 350 by not buying a new machine. The thing I notced the most was the new pads seem to bite a whole lot more than the old. Used to be able to practically stall my pc before, now it just powers through the correction. Thanks for the help guys

Edited by BluePoncho

The new pads and new polishes are worlds better, and considering you stepped it down to 5" backing plate I assumed, you'll fall in love with your machine all over again.

Glad to hear you got the results you wanted,

• 3 weeks later...