Customer Service 866.965.0400

I did the correction on this car several weeks ago, but the headlights needed more than the polish I had scheduled and the exhaust tips needed more work too.  Since the the first detail the owner also changed the wheels to these 5 spokes (a great improvement).

I really like this car, but it is big!  

DSCN0050_zpsqs39alzl.jpg

DSCN0061_zpswl6lwits.jpg

The car came from a state the required front plates (boo!) .  I like the plate he had made to fill that spot:

DSCN0051_zpsyqaf9mlj.jpg

I did the wheels first.  I do not do too many German cars, so I enjoyed watching Deep Wheel Cleaner in full effect!

DSCN2055_zpsxgvr2fsh.jpg

DSCN2065_zpsp0gzbv5p.jpg

DSCN2066_zpsnonpphur.jpgDSCN2067_zpstuijqhes.jpg

DSCN2068_zpsmdloapow.jpg

DSCN2069_zps15acgvet.jpg

DSCN2076_zpsytd10vn1.jpg

Once they were cleaned I applied QS to make them easier get back to this condition.

Next was the headlights.  I polished them last time, but found they needed sanding.  

DSCN1052H_zpswvsx3hvb.jpg

DSCN1053H_zps1xpxunlz.jpg

DSCN1054H_zpswnqbcups.jpg

I started with 600 grit dry, then wetsanded with 1000, 1500, and 2000.  As with surgery, the during shots are a little scary!DSCN1079H_zpslij4jdsx.jpgDSCN1080H_zpsg9wkw8bw.jpg

I polished with a old Green Focus pad with PCP on an electric drill, and followed up with a White Focus pas with PFP.  Muuuch better...

DSCN1082H_zps5torzi1d.jpg

DSCN1083H_zpsoljfqszk.jpg

I used my LED lights(http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/28740-diy-led-light-build/?do=findComment&comment=449845) while I was working on the headlights, and they showed everything!  I ended up going back to 1500 + 2000 wetsanding after the first polish, as I could still see some sanding marks.  Those marks were not visible in the sunlight.  Be careful what you wish for!

I have not cleaned exhaust tips this bad before, but I did not have any question that I could clean them after reading the threads on this.

DSCN3058T_zpsijlcg1tr.jpgDSCN3059T_zps0ezmvqjp.jpg

DSCN3060T_zpsutu248hj.jpg

I started with 0000 steel wool + Metal Polish #1 to remove the buildup.  Followed up with #1 + MF towel, then finished with Metal Polish #2 + MF towel.  I could not believe how fast this worked - I had them done in 10 minutes!  

DSCN3084T_zpsgp7ldjcz.jpg

DSCN3085T_zpsxwhctulg.jpgDSCN3086T_zpsmgvukukx.jpg

The was owner happy with the cleanup and was beyond pleased with the highlights (he had had sanded one of them).

Edited by mc2hill