Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Master Blaster?

So I just pulled the trigger on buying one a couple of days ago. I really hated spending that much on a single product, but I've been hating more how long it takes me to dry my car. I have a 2015 Mustang and I'm really anal about getting every spot clean and Iet's just say....I take a long time washing my car, I'm OCD about it.

My first solution was buying a blower (Toro), since I've heard people say good things. Well, I regretted it for 2 reasons.

1. It was too loud

2. It didn't blow the water out of car like I thought it would

Anybody here with a Master Blaster can chime in on how well the Master Blaster works? 

I have one, bought it specifically to use on a black Corvette, to eliminate any possibility of scratching by any towel.

Works GREAT, and I use it for all the vehicles I wash or detail.

Doesn't save so much on the time end, but the benefits are no water left behind emblems, lights, any body seams, etc.

Purchased the Sidekick first, but now I use that only for smaller jobs.

It's great when your sealant and wax aren't degraded. Once your protection begins to wear, it's not as useful and is actually quicker to use a GWDT or wet application of HGG.

However, it's an awesome accessory to have to help avoid scratching, water spots, and drips from cracks and crevices.

So I just pulled the trigger on buying one a couple of days ago. I really hated spending that much on a single product, but I've been hating more how long it takes me to dry my car. I have a 2015 Mustang and I'm really anal about getting every spot clean and Iet's just say....I take a long time washing my car, I'm OCD about it.

My first solution was buying a blower (Toro), since I've heard people say good things. Well, I regretted it for 2 reasons.

1. It was too loud

Anybody here with a Master Blaster can chime in on how well the Master Blaster works? 

It cost you more money in the long run by not jumping straight for the Master Blaster.  One of my favorite detailing tools and I have found other uses for it as well.  Works great.  You won't regret it, and wonder why you didn't buy it sooner.

I am a dog trainer by trade and have used Metro products for years, they are very well known in the kennel and grooming industries. I have the Vac n Blo as I bought it for use in my kennel. I went with the Sidekick for the garage as I didn't feel the need for another large unit. Regardless, you will be very happy with it and will probably find many other uses for it. 

On a side note, I think my original Vac n Blo is close to 10 years old and nary a problem. The only thing I've done for it is buy a replacement piece for the hose connector as it finally gave out. Storing it in the Georgia heat isn't the best I guess.

Annette

1. It was too loud

The MB is a monster! We use it like crazy here at the warehouse.

If your LSP is fresh then its absolutely no problem to dry a car 90% with just the blower and just do general touchup with a towel and detail spray. Its also great for drying your wheels and blowing water off the tires, blowing dust off when you need to clean the car between washes.

I also use it for a process called 'purging' - if you have an interior that isn't filthy rather than vacuuming you can blow the debris out. Works great for door panels, dashes, and even seats.

Really the MB is a tool that once you have you'll wonder how you lived without it.

I've contemplated getting one of these myself but it just seems pricey. After reading this thread it makes me want one more. Maybe once the Rupes polisher I just bought gets paid off I'll get one of these.

The MB is a monster! We use it like crazy here at the warehouse.

If your LSP is fresh then its absolutely no problem to dry a car 90% with just the blower and just do general touchup with a towel and detail spray. Its also great for drying your wheels and blowing water off the tires, blowing dust off when you need to clean the car between washes.

I also use it for a process called 'purging' - if you have an interior that isn't filthy rather than vacuuming you can blow the debris out. Works great for door panels, dashes, and even seats.

Really the MB is a tool that once you have you'll wonder how you lived without it.

Do you need a circuit bigger than 15amp for the MB?

It draws 18 amps of power so you might find it will trip the circuit with both motors running. I have dedicated 20 amp circuits in garage and it runs like a champ.

It certainly is an expensive item, particularly with the "revolution" model. Would I mortgage the house for one? No. However, if you are able to swing it, it is an absolutely fantastic item to have in your detailing arsenal.

Do you need a circuit bigger than 15amp for the MB?

Yes,  I have a 20 amp circuit and have even had that trip when using it for a long period of time.  But it should work for the most part.  I also have a 30 amp RV plug that I use with an adaptor and never had an issue.  If your handy, adding a new circuit is pretty easy.  Or call and electrician.  May cost $100+ to have them add one however.

Our garage has 20 amp circuits and I've never had any problems.  Also remember if you're going to be using an extension cord I wouldn't use anything smaller than 12 AWG.  Go with 10 AWG if you're using a really long cord.

It draws 18 amps of power so you might find it will trip the circuit with both motors running. I have dedicated 20 amp circuits in garage and it runs like a champ.

It certainly is an expensive item, particularly with the "revolution" model. Would I mortgage the house for one? No. However, if you are able to swing it, it is an absolutely fantastic item to have in your detailing arsenal.

Yes,  I have a 20 amp circuit and have even had that trip when using it for a long period of time.  But it should work for the most part.  I also have a 30 amp RV plug that I use with an adaptor and never had an issue.  If your handy, adding a new circuit is pretty easy.  Or call and electrician.  May cost $100+ to have them add one however.

Our garage has 20 amp circuits and I've never had any problems.  Also remember if you're going to be using an extension cord I wouldn't use anything smaller than 12 AWG.  Go with 10 AWG if you're using a really long cord.

Alright thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I live in an apartment so I can't add any circuits and only have 1 circuit for the garage already.  Looks like I will have to hold off until I live somewhere I can add a circuit

you might be able to work around that circuit issue. 

Would need to check a few things but if you can find out what wire is in the wall you may be able to just get away with changing the plug and circuit breaker out to match. 

Again that will only work if you have the proper wire in the wall. There are many places that were overbuilt and under rated you might get lucky. 

Would need to check a few things but if you can find out what wire is in the wall you may be able to just get away with changing the plug and circuit breaker out to match. 

Again that will only work if you have the proper wire in the wall. There are many places that were overbuilt and under rated you might get lucky. 

I don't know if I would think that they would run the 12 gauge wire and put in a 15amp breaker and plug.  I have seen it where they put the right wire, breaker, but a 15 amp plug.  The plug eventually wears out.  I have had to replace a handful of plugs in my time where this was the case.  And with the OP being a renter I'am sure it wouldn't be a good thing if the landlord caught it or it started a fire. 

Nobody should risk just changing their breaker over without having the proper wire, your just asking for trouble.  I'am not a licensed electrician, but know how it works.  Did a power upgrade (new meter outside and inside panel) where the power enters a house with no way to shutoff electrical on old set up and had it pass inspection first try.  None of it is rocket science, just have to pay attention and think.

Edited by LFairbanks

Most 12 AWG extension cords that carry 20A current still have ends (plug/socket) that are UL rated only to 15A. For intermittent use (less many hours continuous), you will not likely have an issue.  Most houses rarely have a real 20A wall outlet and often it is because they are dedicated. You see them most in medical locations.

6522111-23.jpg

Edited by Bunky

I don't know if I would think that they would run the 12 gauge wire and put in a 15amp breaker and plug.  I have seen it where they put the right wire, breaker, but a 15 amp plug.  The plug eventually wears out.  I have had to replace a handful of plugs in my time where this was the case.  And with the OP being a renter I'am sure it wouldn't be a good thing if the landlord caught it or it started a fire. 

Nobody should risk just changing their breaker over without having the proper wire, your just asking for trouble.  I'am not a licensed electrician, but know how it works.  Did a power upgrade (new meter outside and inside panel) where the power enters a house with no way to shutoff electrical on old set up and had it pass inspection first try.  None of it is rocket science, just have to pay attention and think.

Thanks for the ideas/thoughts, but I think I am going to lean on side of caution and leave things alone and just do without the master blaster especially since I only know of a couple of the locations the wire might go.  No idea if this circuit feeds anything else in the furnace room that they lock up.