Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stubborn stain on white leather

tommost

Question

My '12 Shelby has black seats with white stripes. My wife uses a lumbar support thingy to help with a chronic sore back, but it has little rubber dots on it to keep it from sliding. These dots have left little black dots on the white leather. I can't seem to get them off, I used leather cleaner with no success at all. I also tried some other leather cleaners and even a bit of APC in a corner,nothing even touched the dots.

Does anyone have any idea on a better alternative?

Thanks,

Tommost

12 answers to this question

Can you post a picture to better see what the issue is? I've seen and fixed many stains and lately I had a stain on faux suede that pushed me to increase my knowledge about leather and suede, way more than I thought I would ever need!

Sorry for the long delay I finally got back home to get pictures.

The one spot with no dots is just the way the rubbery material transferred, not due to my cleaning.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tom M.

20150807_135223_zpspi0hxnwp.jpg

20150807_135203_zpsduazbtbt.jpg

I would try a steamer. If it's a tiny spots caused by rubber residue/print the steamer might be your best bet. Also, you can try the machine polisher interior/carpet brush attachment (soft) and leather and interior cleaner. This time apply the leather and interior cleaner by hand and rub it in like if you're spreading hand lotion, leave it for couple of minutes then go at it with a steamer (use the soft brush attachment for best results) or with the carpet brush attached to a polisher

Edited by Fierce5

I tried letting the cleaner soak in, that didn't help at all. I don't have access to a steamer so I haven't done that. We hope to leave today for a 3 week cruise vacation so the next attempt will have to wait until I get back. Thanks again.