Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay, rinse, seal, glaze and wax?

bbravo139

Question

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie here ???? I just received my first order of Adam's detail spray, clay bar, liquid paint sealant, brilliant glaze, Americana wax and I am dying to use it!

Since this is going to be my first time using any Adam's product, I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. My question here is after I am done claying, should I leave any residue on the paint and apply the liquid paint sealant directly after? Or should I wash off any residue, dry then apply the sealant?

7 answers to this question

Wipe any claying residues with more detail spray and a soft microfiber towel.  You don't have to wash the car of claying residues with another car wash, and sealant will not clean any residues off as its not a cleaning product its a protection product.

You MAY be able to glaze with the residues still on the paint and then wipe all off afterwards, as a time saver, maybe one of the glaze experts can chime in.

Then you can apply your sealant.  And top with glaze/wax as wanted/needed

You MAY be able to glaze with the residues still on the paint and then wipe all off afterwards, as a time saver, maybe one of the glaze experts can chime in.

Sealant would go on before the glaze, so you would want it clean before that anyway.

Really the only time it becomes beneficial and acceptable to 'go over' the clay residues is if you're jumping to polish.

A polish imparts change to the finish, and leaves almost nothing behind, because of this its fine to go over the clay residues to save time. With something like a sealant you are actually depositing a layer of something, so applying sealant over the residue will generally result in the residue/smears/etc being under the sealant and leaving you with a less than ideal finish.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Long story short - if you're going right from clay to sealant, I'd wash and dry the car or at the very least wipe off the residues with a towel and more detail spray.