Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish for Harley Chrome

wely324

Question

I recently picked up some metal polish 1 & 2 as the chrome on my father's Harley needs some help.

I also ordered the metal polish pads, but only tested using a foam applicator today. WIll be attacking the rest of the bike within the next week now knowing that I have the right polish for the job!

Here is the front wheel before and after. I'm super happy how it cleaned up the chrome and made it nice and shiny!

20015208230_84c58ed0e2_b.jpg

16 answers to this question

Looks great, and there can be a ton of chrome on a harley, they sure do look beautiful though. Let's see some pics of the entire scoot when you finish it.

Bruce

I will definitely post up an after pic of the harley once I polish the chrome. I may even polish the rear fender, has some scratches from where the saddle bag top rests when there is no rear seat.

Here is a before pic, this is after a wash the other day. The bike is a 2010 Harley Davidson CVO softail convertible (saddle bags, passenger seat, and front windscreen all easily pop off in a minute or two). Exhaust is a vance & hines.

20021784670_759c222c4e_b.jpg

going to get the rotary drill attachment for the metal polish pads. hand polishing is working great but its not enough for some of the scratches.

post-13181-0-47358400-1439081739_thumb.jpg

Edited by wely324

going to get the rotary drill attachment for the metal polish pads. hand polishing is working great but its not enough for some of the scratches.

Looking at the pic, did you turn the bike over to polish the underside? :)

Edited by b_pappy

finished polishing about 95% of the chrome. some pieces are very hard to get to so i need to figure out how to reach them. i then washed and applied h2o GG for a quick shine. here is an iphone pic for now. will be polishing the paint next...

post-13181-0-11956700-1439148084_thumb.jpg

Looking at the pic, did you turn the bike over to polish the underside? :)

That would have been nice lol... For some reason when i post pics from my phone they get rotated sometimes.

Next time I'm bringing the bike to my friends shop where he has a bike lift. It would have been way easier on my back and sitting on the ground.