Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze..!?

PT3

Question

I just did a quick DS wipe-down outside since it was so gorgeous out today. I then pulled my car in to the garage figuring i was done... But as I was checking out the shine under my 6500k lights, I noticed some streaks on the hood. So that had to be corrected... Well long story short... I decide to try out the Brilliant Glaze to take out the streaks. Keep in mind this is my first time ever using BG.

It came with a red pump... So I was shocked when out came complete liquid...as in milky water liquid.

Well, it was a real PITA to use the pump with it being in liquid form. Just kept leaking out.

So here's my questions;

1. Should BG be completely liquid?

2. If yes, did Adams shipping make an error including the pump vs simply a sprayer head?

3. Anything else I should know about using BG?

Otherwise, it seems the product worked...the paint seems to have more depth and gloss.

Edited by PT3

25 answers to this question

1. Yes, it is very thin.  Shake it up often as you do the whole car.
  2. The carnuba chunks in BG will clog a sprayer, so use the pump or the pop top.
  3. Enjoy!

And yes great weather in NJ today!  We went to Island Beach State Park, did a little stand-up paddle boading, and then chilled on the beach.

Edited by mc2hill

Yes, it should be a milky type liquid. It separates quickly, so make sure you're shaking it periodically while applying.

It used to be "Brilliant Spray Glaze", but the new formula has more carnauba, which doesn't play well with a sprayer. I've never used it with the pump top, but I can see how it'd be kind of a pain. If you have the pop top, use that. Just remember to close it before shaking it up...

One more note about BG, it goes a long way.

Edited by egott_91

I've only just used it once, but I noticed the same thing. It easily leaks out of the pump top. I set the bottle down on the driveway and got a bunch of drops leaking out. It dried up very white and is still there even after at least one day of rain. Probably just need to shake the excess out of the top before setting it down.

I do shows in the East for Adam throughout the summer. I've too have noticed/experienced the BG leaks from the new style red pump tops, especially if the temps are high out. The tube and product work almost like a thermometer, with the product continually rising in the pick up tube to leak out the top. What I've done is a pump onto my applicator and then close the top.

Just threw a coat of BG on my GTO earlier this week in prep for a show this coming Saturday, stuff is awesome!

IMG_3004resize_zpsux7jpwnb.jpg

As mentioned BG is very thin as it is supposed to be, remember to keep it shook up because it will separate. If you would rather have a pour top I am sure Adam's will take care of you!

I've got spares! ; )

Yes, it should be a milky type liquid. It separates quickly, so make sure you're shaking it periodically while applying.

It used to be "Brilliant Spray Glaze", but the new formula has more carnauba, which doesn't play well with a sprayer. I've never used it with the pump top, but I can see how it'd be kind of a pain. If you have the pop top, use that. Just remember to close it before shaking it up...

One more note about BG, it goes a long way.

Ain't that the truth!    ...still haven't cleaned all the glaze of my garage ceiling.

Friends, the Brilliant Glaze is a great product, and is easy to use.  Until, you use it with a pump, which is terrible!   Metal Polishes with the pump are awful as well.

Please, shoot us an email if your hate your pump with your BG or MP, and we'll send you dispenser caps!  Orders@AdamsPolishes.com

Sorry, we thought we were making it easy, and they work decently in the cold, when we tested.  Truly crappy when it's warm.

Lesson learned, and we will make it right!

-Adam

Friends, the Brilliant Glaze is a great product, and is easy to use.  Until, you use it with a pump, which is terrible!   Metal Polishes with the pump are awful as well.

Please, shoot us an email if your hate your pump with your BG or MP, and we'll send you dispenser caps!  Orders@AdamsPolishes.com

Sorry, we thought we were making it easy, and they work decently in the cold, when we tested.  Truly crappy when it's warm.

Lesson learned, and we will make it right!

-Adam

Thanks Adam! I've got a spare dispenser cap...so no worries.

And YES...the BG is SUPER easy to use and really added a great 'pop'!.... especially for the level of effort required.

Thanks again!

Never used the BG but its supposed to be really easy on and easy off basically immediately in thin coats and is super liquid consistency.  Def shake it up often.

@Mike, hope you are enjoying Jersey beach weather man!

Jason, if you would like to try BG, I have WAY too much. I can send you a (new unopened) bottle - no charge. Just PM me with details if you would like a bottle, and give me a few days to hit the post office.

Jason, if you would like to try BG, I have WAY too much. I can send you a (new unopened) bottle - no charge. Just PM me with details if you would like a bottle, and give me a few days to hit the post office.

Tim extremely generous of you, thats what this forum is about man!  I've seen BG in person, its truly easy on and easy off and shine in a bottle for sure, I just have no room for it in my current regimen which is just continuously laying down sealant protection (LPS+HGG) and doing rinseless washes and its been really efficient and I've been truly happy with it.  Throw it up in the pay it forward thread I'm sure someone here would love to try it out!

Tim extremely generous of you, thats what this forum is about man!  I've seen BG in person, its truly easy on and easy off and shine in a bottle for sure, I just have no room for it in my current regimen which is just continuously laying down sealant protection (LPS+HGG) and doing rinseless washes and its been really efficient and I've been truly happy with it.  Throw it up in the pay it forward thread I'm sure someone here would love to try it out!

I'll try it. I've been dying to but hubby will kill me if I order anything else!

I just have no room for it in my current regimen which is just continuously laying down sealant protection (LPS+HGG) and doing rinseless washes and its been really efficient and I've been truly happy with it.

This is the regimen I plan on starting soon, so it's good to hear you're happy with that. But now I have buttery, brilliant glaze and I just got some Americana in my mystery box. So I don't think any of those will get much use, at least not on my cars.

I'm supposed to detail my dad's 99 Mustang Cobra convertible soon. It stays garaged but it's black and right now it is horribly swirled. So I'll probably do LPS, BG and Americana.

I'll ask it here because it's as close as I could find in the search section.

I saw someone with a spray head on his BG. I see in this thead that it has carnuba in it that doesn't play well with a sprayer?

So big no no or can you get away with it?

i use brilliant glaze with a spray head, yes it does clogs the pump part of the spray head, not the spray nozzle. So I just push the plunger time out ever time I spray. I've been doing it likes this for a while now and I'm use to it so it doesn't bother me. I found I also don't use as much and a bottle last longer. 

Brillant glaze is a Shine Enhancer and thats it. It last a couple of weeks. I like it because I have an Irdium colored truck and it makes it look good.