Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brake Dust

SS/ZL1

Question

I have a Camaro with black painted wheels, it has 6 piston brembo brakes and creates a ton of brake dust. Does Adams make a product that helps with keeping the dust from sticking to the wheel, so when I get the shows the wheels aren't so hard to clean back up. I had thought about the paint sealant.  

Looking for any thoughts

21 answers to this question

Is it really OK to spray Quick Sealant directly onto the wheel while it is mounted on the car? Wouldn't any sealant/polish/wax...be less tan a good idea on parts like brake rotors?  Additionally, ceramic rotors are known to stain in contact with some products such as some (all?) wheel cleaners.

Is it really OK to spray Quick Sealant directly onto the wheel while it is mounted on the car? Wouldn't any sealant/polish/wax...be less tan a good idea on parts like brake rotors?  Additionally, ceramic rotors are known to stain in contact with some products such as some (all?) wheel cleaners.

True...might be better to spray the quick sealant on the applicator first and then apply to the wheel

Never had an issue with spraying QS directly on wheels. In fact I would probably hit my TTRS calipers with it as well when I finish swapping those in.

Ceramic rotors might be a bit different of a story.

I'd probably seal them off the car the first time anyways just to hit the barrel of the wheel completely. But on a customer's car? Nope, not pulling wheels off unless I'm getting paid to do so.

OK..here's a question.  I'm actually going to have the wheels off of my wife's car tomorrow doing some service, so I guess I should probably seal the barrel of the wheels while I am at it.  I already have quick sealant on the face of the wheel.  Should I still go with quick sealant to do the barrel of the wheel?  Or would liquid paint sealant be a superior, longer lasting product?

OK..here's a question.  I'm actually going to have the wheels off of my wife's car tomorrow doing some service, so I guess I should probably seal the barrel of the wheels while I am at it.  I already have quick sealant on the face of the wheel.  Should I still go with quick sealant to do the barrel of the wheel?  Or would liquid paint sealant be a superior, longer lasting product?

QS would be the better product for holding up to the heat.

I would use LPS, since it will last a little longer than the QS.  I also usually clay the barrels if the wheels are off.

Matt, as long as you are going to have the wheels off, you could make sure that the barrels are cleaned, and then use either Liquid Paint Sealant, or Quick Sealant spray, I have used both on various vehicles with great results, I just make sure to wipe the sealant with an applicator once I use the spray to ensure complete and even coverage.

The glaze would only add some "pop" to the finish once done, minimal in the way of extra protection.

Matt, as long as you are going to have the wheels off, you could make sure that the barrels are cleaned, and then use either Liquid Paint Sealant, or Quick Sealant spray, I have used both on various vehicles with great results, I just make sure to wipe the sealant with an applicator once I use the spray to ensure complete and even coverage.

The glaze would only add some "pop" to the finish once done, minimal in the way of extra protection.

Thanks. I'm going to be doing some mechanical work on my dad's car and my wife's car tomorrow and I'll go ahead and do the wheels on both cars. I'm going to be doing a full exterior detail on my dad's car next weekend, so I might go ahead and try the brilliant glaze on his wheels. I packed up all of my products to take them all with me, so I'll have everything I need depending on what I decide to do.