Customer Service 866.965.0400

Transforming My Wheels

Texas Moe

Question

My wife drove her car down a road that was being resurfaced but still allowed vehicles to pass through.  In doing so, the vehicle became covered in this fine silty/sandy dirt that was a beast to wash off.  After an hour of power washing the vehicle top to bottom (and underneath), the below picture is what the wheels still looked like.

post-12822-0-09724100-1441037451_thumb.jpg

I figured this would be a good test of the Adam's Ultimate Wheel and Tire kit that I just bought.  I cleaned the tire and undercarriage with APC and the wheel with DWC.  I followed up with Tire Shine on the tires and Quick Sealant on the wheels.  You can see the transformation below:

post-12822-0-60632800-1441037802_thumb.jpg

All in all, a fun project and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  Here were my thoughts on the project and Adam's products:

• This was my first time to do a major wheel cleaning and treatment.  People were not exaggerating when they said how grimy this work is.  I felt like I needed two showers after I was finished.
  • I wasn't sure whether I'd like or really use the Fender Brush but it's great.  I can't imagine how I would clean the wheel well without it.
  • For the edges of the tire with deep grooves, I couldn't get enough direct pressure on the Fender Brush to get in all the nooks and crannies.  I ended up using a brush I previously bought that fits in my palm and allows me to push directly into the tire.  I will definitely pick up the Adam's Deep Clean Tire Scrub Brush before I do the wheels again.
  • First time I've used the Tire Shine--love it!  I've previously used the VRT but TS just takes it to a new level.  I used the method Adam talks about in the video that provides medium shine and I'm really happy with it.  And the smell made me hungry for 'nana puddin'.
  • After all the cleaning and finishing, I parked the car on the street in front of my house and hit the wheel wells with the Undercarriage Spray (also first time to use).  I loved how it made the car look afterwards.  And my garage smelled like grape soda this morning, which is a bonus.

5 answers to this question