Customer Service 866.965.0400

Seat belts, what products/methods are you using

NowDatsG

Question

I bought a Jetta with 145k and as you can imagine, the interior is not in the best of shape. I cleaned up most of it but the seat belts....horrible. They used to be tan but are closer to dark grey lol. How does the community go about cleaning their belts? I tried leather and interior cleaner because that's what I had on hand and it didn't make a difference. Should I try all purpose cleaner?

Edited by NowDatsG

7 answers to this question

If you have a Bissell or other carpet shampooer, use it with the CUC.

Take an old bath towel and drape it over the seat and then pull the belt across it to clean.

You can also pretreat with CUC and the interior brush.  If that does not work, then step up to APC.

We actually do have a bissel. Thank you, I will give those a try and post pics afterwards.

The Bissel, using Adam's CUP, works pretty well. Spray the belt completely with product, let it sit for a minute then agitate with a soft bristle brush like the cockpit brush. Then use the water extraction machine, fill the tank with plain hot water, spray the belt with the water, and lightly brush again with the brushes on the attachment, finally begin to vacuum all the product, water, and dirt out. I'll usually rub the belts down when finished with the machine using a light colored towel to see if anymore dirt is being pulled out..

I had the same question. Great advice, I'll try the Bissel this weekend. I did use Carpet Upholstery cleaner and it took off a lot of the surface dirt. Now its getting the ground in dirt from the stitching.