Customer Service 866.965.0400

My hometown is flooded

chops1sc

I woke up at 6am or so and went to let my dog out and stepped into ankle-deep water! Probably about 6" below the door into my house. By the time I was able to pack essentials and load up it was closer to 3-4" down.

3471E0E2-58B3-4FED-B9B7-1E2E69EA8103.jpg

0CC0BE20-E3DD-4858-B936-B189EC374E26.jpg

I have no idea of the condition of my house right now but we are safe and dry at my inlaws. Please keep us (everyone in SC) in your thoughts and prayers!

I live in Johnstown Pa and back in 77 we had a massive flood here.  I can sympathize with you buddy.  Praying for you and everyone in the flooded areas of this country right now.  But boy, it's like someone wants SC wiped off the map!  Stay safe, don't do anything stupid. Let us know how you are. Best of luck to you all.  :grouphug:

Glad you can laugh about it.  It's going to take a lot of hard work and time to come back from it, but good times are ahead.  Hopefully it will only be another day or so of rain for you and then the sun will be back.  Keep your chin up. 

I can only laugh because I know all of my family is safe. They are calling for 1-2 more inches tonight into tomorrow for my area and then it will start to clear up.

I know people that have water in their home. 5 people from work were stranded there for nearly 24 hours (all home safe). My brother and his family are in a county where every road in and out is washed away. I feel very fortunate and blessed to be able to sit here and type this on my phone. Yet, my heart does ache for those less fortunate.

I hope I can go asses the damage tomorrow if the roads permit. I will keep updating!

I was able to get to the house earlier and I was speechless.

50B314D6-B32E-4C38-9F51-B4004A72EA91.jpg

You can see where the water stopped. VERY close to coming in. I am so thankful it didn't get any higher. However, our bedroom has some wet carpet in s few areas. I figured that side of the house is a little lower and some water got in through the weep holes in the foundation. My shop got about 6" at the most but there's nothing in there that could really be ruined.

There are others that are definitely in worse shape and we continue to monitor the news for more info. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

Chris,  It appears you had good luck.  I have some family in Columbia that I am trying to get intouch with.  Just hard to believe the Columbia area and so far from the coast. 

Rich, Strange thing here where I live they had a major flood in 77 (what my parents tell me). My father says you would not believe what water can do.  Then the next county a few years ago received a rain couple days after a very large snow and you can guess had flooding and see the flood waters next to the major four lane going thru town while on a normal day you can barely see the water.