Customer Service 866.965.0400

The power of flash flooding...

LFairbanks

Thought I would share these videos that I found on YouTube.  I have never been caught in a flash flood, but have been in some crazy rainstorms.  I know my dad has seen a flash flood in person.  Said he saw all kinds of crazy stuff float by, old cars and a washing machine.  I was always taught as a kid to watch the clouds and don't be fooled.  The mistake people make is they think that the desert is dry and hot.  It can also change quick, both in moisture and temperature.  And a storm several miles away can affect you.  This first video the guy clearly states that the storm was 40+ miles away. 

This next video is of the same canyon where those 7 people where killed here about month ago.  I'm certain it made the national news.  Places like this can be a deathtrap in any rainstorm.  

This last video shows flooding during a rainstorm in the same park as the slot canyon in the above video.  It just shows the seriousness of any storm and what it can do.  All that water is going to flow to the lowest point and take everything with it.  Zion is definitely a beautiful place.

Edited by LFairbanks