Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often does everyone wash?

Cwilliams

Question

21 answers to this question

Depends on the weather where I live.  If they're calling for a stretch of nice dry weather I'll wash the DD the first dry day.  As for the show car, I wash it right after or just before the show.  In the winter, the DD gets washed when it's warm enough.  I don't have the luxury of a heated garage and have to do it outside in the driveway which I don't particularly want to turn into an ice skating rink.  So it's not as often in the winter. 

Like most, depends upon the weather, especially here in Michigan, home state of the worse roads in America.

No longer than a week, even if it means my daily driver only stays clean for a day, based on the weather.

I tend to be OCD about keeping vehicles clean and looking their best.

A that means, (3) vehicles during the summer months, as my Corvette gets "detailed and stored" from the middle of October through the "last of snow, salt and winter debris removed from the roads" sometime in late April to early May.

Winter will see Rinseless washes, and the occasional trip to a hand wash facility to remove excess salt and grime on the (2) others typically driven daily. 

I only do a bucket wash after driving through rain.

Otherwise, I do a Rinseless about once a week.

And I do Rinseless 'wipe-downs' a couple-few times a week...depending on weather conditions and driving habits that week.

I also wipe down my wheels anywhere from 2-6 times per week. (Keep in mind, the brakes on my M5 produce RIDICULOUS amounts of dust. And I like my 21" HRE's (car jewelry!) to be as clean as possible. Actually...I'm going to go wipe them down right now. Lol

In the winter time... All this goes out the window. I may go WEEKS without washing if the temps don't allow for it.

Edited by PT3

I try to wash my daily driver every two weeks during the spring, summer, and fall (work, farm, and other things keep me busy).  Winter is a different story.  I remember one time it was cold, bad weather, etc. and it was two months before I could even do a wash.  I always wash it in the winter after every snow we receive to wash all the salt off. Usually have to change the rinse water many times. 

Depends on the weather, but right now, my wife works until 7:30 on Fridays and I can usually knock off Friday's around 2:00, perfect amount of time to detail one of our cars. If the Week's Friday and Saturday are nice, a car gets washed. My wife has her car, I have my daily driver, as well as my company car, all three are washed in rotation. So, that being said, and the weather being nice, each car gets washed every third week.

My GTO gets a wipe down before and after every drive; WW or RW.

:willy: Everyday!  ..J/K  ..I'm an OCD freak when it comes to a clean car but not straight jacket worthy ..lol

Like others stated depends on weather. Also ..Its not my DD ..I wash weekly during the nice seasons

Winter its not driven and its stored in my garage. I make sure its nice & clean before I store her. 

Sad to say ..My G8 never sees rain unless I'm out and cannot control mother nature. 

Edited by Mongosg8