Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone have a problem with Paint Correction Polish?

NewEdgeGT

Question

Hey guys so I recently bought the rupes 21 and got a few goodies as well. Anyways one of the products i received was the paint correction polish. So the issue is when i spread the polish by machine polisher it fine. Then when i go to work the polish in it almost has crows feet effect or it "flashes" with 2-3 passes. I  made sure the surface was 100% decontaminated and was in the shade and cool to the touch. I contacted customer service and the guy I spoke to said he has never seen this before. I was wondering if anyone had a issue like this before. Heres a few pictures of what happened.
adams_zpsly9tpsdd.jpg
adams%202_zpsn2oqm27z.jpg

MF or foam pad?  What size drops?  Did you apply any more product to the pads as you polished another area?

Looks like it is drying out too fast.  If the surface and air temps were not hot, I would think you need to use more product. 

Did you work just this area or did you polish more areas?

MF or foam pad?  What size drops?  Did you apply any more product to the pads as you polished another area?

Looks like it is drying out too fast.  If the surface and air temps were not hot, I would think you need to use more product. 

Did you work just this area or did you polish more areas?

i used a foam pad, drops were about nickel sized. i only added more polish when i worked on the same panel but a different area. i cleaned the pad in between panels. panels were cool to the touch. i tried the hood rear quarters and trunk lid

Just to clarify, you are polishing a panel, then cleaning your pad, then polishing another panel with a wet pad?

If so, why are you cleaning your pads between panels?  This is not necessary.  If a pad gets dirty or too loaded up with product, then I switch to a new pad that is clean and dry.  Cleaning it and then putting it right back to use without drying does not work.  The polishes contain oils, and that does not mix with water.

I would think that the CG pad cleaner is causing the issue with the PCP.

Try cleaning out your pads with APC, then let them dry overnight, then try again.

Just to clarify, you are polishing a panel, then cleaning your pad, then polishing another panel with a wet pad?

If so, why are you cleaning your pads between panels?  This is not necessary.  If a pad gets dirty or too loaded up with product, then I switch to a new pad that is clean and dry.  Cleaning it and then putting it right back to use without drying does not work.  The polishes contain oils, and that does not mix with water.

I would think that the CG pad cleaner is causing the issue with the PCP.

Try cleaning out your pads with APC, then let them dry overnight, then try again.

no i have 4 pads, i do a panels clean that pad let it sit and use a new pad

Edited by NewEdgeGT

I had fine machine polish start to do this on me the other day. Hot out, Black car. I primed the pad with more detail spray than I normally would use and just a BIT more polish and it seemed to do the trick. Good luck.

I had fine machine polish start to do this on me the other day. Hot out, Black car. I primed the pad with more detail spray than I normally would use and just a BIT more polish and it seemed to do the trick. Good luck.

yea i was in the shade, red car and 65 degrees out lol almost perfect detail weather lol

I got this right?

Rupes Bigfoot 21

Speed 5 or 6

Paint Correcting Polish

7" Orange Foam Pad

Six Nickel sized drops of polish on the pad

Spritz with Detail Spray

Your using too much polish, back it down to three pea sized drops once the pad is primed. If the pad gets too full of polish, the polish just smears on the paint riding between the pad and the paint, and doesn't get worked correctly.

I got this right?

Rupes Bigfoot 21

Speed 5 or 6

Paint Correcting Polish

7" Orange Foam Pad

Six Nickel sized drops of polish on the pad

Spritz with Detail Spray

Your using too much polish, back it down to three pea sized drops once the pad is primed. If the pad gets too full of polish, the polish just smears on the paint riding between the pad and the paint, and doesn't get worked correctly.

I have tried this and nothing. It just dissipates

By new bottle of polish, do you mean this is your first time using PCP? Or have you used PCP before with no issue and this issue is just with this latest bottle?

Yea I have used it many times before without issue its just this bottle Edited by NewEdgeGT

Sounds like you need a replacement bottle of PCP.

Email or call Ben. I will also email him to check out this thread, as I would think he would want this problem bottle returned for testing.

Yea I'll have to call again. I spoke with someone on the phone and show him pictures, he told me he would get back to me the same day but that was 3 days ago.

Yea I'll have to call again. I spoke with someone on the phone and show him pictures, he told me he would get back to me the same day but that was 3 days ago.

Hi Pete,

I apologize for the issue you are having with your Paint Correcting Polish. Give me a call at 866-956-0400 so we can get you a new bottle. I am going to try and give you a call right now.

We will get your issue figured out and get your polishing back on track!