Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire Coating from Adams???

bobfred44

Question

I have been reading about the DP Tire Coatings product.  Does this really work like described?  AdamsPolishes; is this something you may offer in the future?  Attached is a picture of the product offered in a kit.  Thanks, will not buy unless Adams offers a like product which if they do, will be better than what is on the market.

6 answers to this question

A couple of us tested a version Adam was working on last winter. We wanted to see how it would hold up to the harsher, northeast, winter weather. Not so good. Salt, Mag Chloride, snow, ice, etc.. removed it quickly.

I had a small amount left and reapplied it to my company car in the spring and t held up really well. We had Semi Gloss and High Gloss versions. The Semi Gloss looked pretty good, the High Gloss made the tires look like they'd been painted with clear coat paint.

There's prep work to the tire that must be done prior to application to completely remove all previous dressings or it absolutely will not adhere. Oh, and don't get it on the wheel!

That's one product I don't think I'd use.  I'm happy with the Tire Shine.  It goes on easy, lasts between washes on the daily driver or at least until a heavy rain, in which case I'll be washing it again after any way.  I don't want a product that I have to do more work first to use, or something I have to be concerned about getting on the wheels.

I hate doing tires in general, and I also hate the prep work for tire coatings even more. 

I use an All in one cleaner & dressing that Im pretty happy with.  takes me about 5 minutes to do all 4 tires.