Customer Service 866.965.0400

detailing steps and order

mdamore419

Question

15 answers to this question

Non-Adams cleaners typically 1)wash 2)dry 3)spray wax

'Round here, we 1)wash engine bay 2)wash wheels 3)wash car 4)clay entire car 5)VRT plastic trim 6a)revive and hand polish 6b)paint correction 7)paint sealant 8)glaze 9)wax 10)tire shine 11)vrt engine bay 12)in&out spray hard to reach plastic 13)glass cleaner 14)glass sealant 15)grin ear-to-ear 

Easy there guys, we were all new to detailing at one point. Matt is here to learn :)

I'm currently working on a new and updated Detailing Flow Chart, but it's not yet ready for prime-time yet.

Kyle's post above mine gives a nice order of operations for detailing, and our video series provides great information on cleaning and maintaining nearly every aspect of your vehicle:

http://adamspolishes.com/video

I also made a specific Winter-Preparation write-up in our Detailing Write-ups section a few days ago that you might find useful:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/29429-in-depth-winter-preparation-on-a-2016-toyota-tundra/

'Round here, we 1)wash engine bay 2)wash wheels 3)wash car 4)clay entire car 5)VRT plastic trim 6a)revive and hand polish 6b)paint correction 7)paint sealant 8)glaze 9)wax 10)tire shine 11)vrt engine bay 12)in&out spray hard to reach plastic 13)glass cleaner 14)glass sealant 15)grin ear-to-ear 

This is exactly what I was talking about. I know all the general steps and yeah I've detailed cars plenty of times and they've looked great, but I'm looking for a step by step detailed list that Kyle gave. 

I hear you there. I think I've detailed 5 engine bays in the 50 or so cars I've done over the past few years - and those 5 were show cars - but I just do detailing as a hobby on evenings and weekends. Surprisingly, only about half of the cars I do want their interior cleaned too...their interiors are usually more garbage receptacles rather than nice driving environments :o

I can't stand a dirty engine bay though!

On 11/9/2015 at 8:01 PM, KSRegalGS said:

thanks for this lil bit KSR

Every time I wash my cars I do a waterless wash or CS3 on the engine bay including everything I can reach including shock towers, around the battery, all hoses, and basically everything I can reach. Doing that only takes about 15mins and keeps the engine bay looking great so there is really no "detailing" needed as it is always clean. The biggest thing for me is how often I take off all the wheels and do a complete detail. That always feels like too much work so it maybe happens once a year at the most. I do have a power washer and foam cannon so they are generally clean but not completely detailed.