Customer Service 866.965.0400

Favorite/best tools for engine bay cleaning?

Erictski

Question

I have watched the Shine Docs video on engine bay cleaning, he uses the red wheel brush and also the bent wheel woolie I think.

Any other brushes or tools you are all using, especially those with trucks/suvs where its tough to reach all the way back in the bay or down into the engine compartment.

10 answers to this question

Same here, the long bristles are more effective than the Wheel Woolies. Let the APC do the majority of the work, only work one a cool engine and let it dwell.

I use several different sized bottle brushes as well as the Long Handled Fender Brush, the Short Handled Wheel Brush, and the Trim and Lug Nut Brush. I also use a wash pad on the upper exposed areas that are easy to reach.

My GTO, that's not driven all that mush gets wiped down with a Swiffer Duster! Awesome tool to get into all the nooks and crannies if it's just dusty.

Be careful with the Wheel Woolie in the engine bay. I've caught one of Adam's older versions on a sharp edge; large head, straight shaft in the Three-Pack, and began to unravel it from the shaft. That's the reason I suggested the bottle type brush.

Don't get me wrong, the Wheel Woolie will do a great job, just watch where it's being used.