Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gen5 Pads with Cyclo ProGuard Backing Plates

LT1xL82

Question

Do Adams Gen5 4" pads attach correctly to Cyclo ProGuard backing plates?

(I believe some older generation Adams pads did not play well with some Cyclo solutions unless used with the Adams 4" backing plate. Hoping this is no longer the case.)

6 answers to this question

Hi Joel, I think you may have messaged me about this on chat a day or two ago. I'm sorry I wasn't familiar with the Cyclo ProGuard backing plates then, but I started to research them after that conversation :)

The Velcro diameter of our new Gen5 4" foam pad is right at 3.25", with the pad face being 4", and the ProGuard backing plates have a 3.75" overall diameter from everything I've read online, with the Velcro attaching surface being smaller than that overall diameter; so our pads should attach to them no problem since the new 5th generation pads did away with the plastic ring around the Velcro surface.

The most recent Adam's 4" orange microfiber pads I have are actually a little bit larger than my older ones. They have a 4" Velcro diameter and about a 4.25" microfiber pad face diameter.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions! 

Working in the same building Cyclos are made as I do now, and having worked at Adam's as the development guy who brought the current generation pads to market I can shed some light on this -

The pads will 'work' with the Cyclo ProGuard plates, but I wouldn't recommend it. The overhang 'bumper' of the ProGuard hangs out awkwardly beyond the edges of any of the Adam's pads. If you're running a factory Cyclo Model 5 with ProGuard plates I'd recommend sticking to Genuine Cyclo Accessories, including the pads. 

If you want to run Adam's pads I'm certain they can set you up with the Adam's backing plates. No sense in risking an issue over a relatively inexpensive part that can be changed out to suit whatever direction you want to go. Your Cyclo would have shipped with the flat wrench to easily swap out plates/attachments. If you need one Adam's or Cyclo can help you get one. 

:cheers:

Edited by Dylan@RUPES