Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 ford focus - hot water extracting.

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys. I'm having a car come in tonight to get the back seat extracted from a dog vomiting in it. They said it left no stains but smells to high heaven. What can I use to deep clean the seats and get the smell out. I have a Bissell little mean green machine to my availability but I'm not sure how wet I can get these seats.

8 answers to this question

I'd put a ton of baking powder on it first and let it sit overnight.  Then vacuum it out in the morning before cleaning.  The carpet and upholstery cleaner is very good.  You need to dilute it a bit and do a test spot first before applying it to the seat to test for color fastness. 

And I'd suggest to the owners that they buy a dog travel blanket with a piece of plastic underneath it to avoid this happening again. 

If it is the seat bottom they usually come out easy enough and you could treat the foam on the back side as well. I HAVE made Febreze work in the past on one of my seats where some food spilled. 

AS to the dog, http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/deluxe-seat-saver-96000.aspx?kw=dog&processor=contentWater and fluids dont penetrate, not the cheapest option but certainly one that will hold up. 

This thread makes me chuckle I found adams due to my Great Dane taking a fat dump in the back of the truck. Let's just say I have since acquired some out of date has mat stuff that will be used next time we go to the vets office. I used some baking powder for odor control like rich said. Also my inital hit on the carpet was cheap dg cleaner followed by some nicer to finish due to the mass destruction i faced that day. I am still having flash backs

Smell isn't just where the incident occurred it gets in all fabric like crazy. Headliners, seats, carpet, everywhere. I did one a few months ago that had gasoline spilled in the trunk and it was a pain in the you know what. Gasoline is an extreme version of a smell in a car but my point is be thorough and don't get aggravated of you don't get all of the smell right away. Ozones work great as well if you have access to one.

Well what I did was the Bissell machine extraction along with C&UC followed by extraction via my big shop vac. I then followed up with heavy weight blotting with a towel. I finalized it with the use of a Meguiars whole car air refreshener that circulates through the whole HVAC venting system etc. Seemed to work well last night. Told them if the smell came back I'd re treat.

Several years ago, when I was young and dumb.  Or the others around me were young and dumb.  I was usually the designated driver and don't touch a drop of alcohol if driving.  

Somebody I was with puked in the backseat of my car.  They had it professionally cleaned and it seemed to linger for a while after it was cleaned.  Eventually it went away however.