Customer Service 866.965.0400

Double sided foam tape

694doorbird

Question

10 answers to this question

My first responses never posted. I don't know if this will help your situation, but I used the automotive formula of Goo Gone to help when i debadged my Jeep. Worked very well and caused no damage at all to the paint. Touched it up with a little Americana and looked better than new.

My first responses never posted. I don't know if this will help your situation, but I used the automotive formula of Goo Gone to help when i debadged my Jeep. Worked very well and caused no damage at all to the paint. Touched it up with a little Americana and looked better than new.

I think I have some of that in the garage. I'll have him try it next time he stops by.

Goof Off, Goo Gone, either one.  I had a piece of door trim that was coming loose.  I removed the rest of it and re-applied it.  I used Goof Off to remove the residue of the foam tape left on the door and the trim piece.  Seems like I used Tarminator too which worked well if I remember correctly.  

Edited by LFairbanks

Word of warning... sadly speaking from experience. 3M Adhesive Remover can also dissolve certain types of automotive paint. If you use that product, be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first. 

Word of warning... sadly speaking from experience. 3M Adhesive Remover can also dissolve certain types of automotive paint. If you use that product, be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first.

Really? I just debadged my 2014 dodge ram laramie. Used goo gone on the 1st door/fender and it worked ok but took a long time and much elbow grease to get all the adhesive removed. Picked up some 3m adhesive remover and it worked much better, didn't notice any damage to the paint or clear, should I worry that I caused damage? Worst case, if it did damage the clear a bit, wouldn't a polisher take care of fixing it?