Customer Service 866.965.0400

h20 G&G over Coating

Kodiak

Question

Haven't seen this asked, but I'm going to experiment with Wolfgang's new Uber Ceramic coating next week either on my Raptor or another vehicle.  I'm curious as to any bonding issues or if I'm wasting my time doing guard and gloss every few washes as a maintenance. Surely will use detail spray, but I think unless a wax or sealant is polymer based, it won't bond to the surface of the coating? My first time using coatings, going to be interesting. 

9 answers to this question

Over coating? dunno why it wouldn't work. It applies over sealant and lengthens the longevity on it, why wouldn't it do the same over a coating? 

CarPro even has a product similar to it that goes over it's CQuartz. 

Over coating? dunno why it wouldn't work. It applies over sealant and lengthens the longevity on it, why wouldn't it do the same over a coating?

CarPro even has a product similar to it that goes over it's CQuartz.

I guess that's my question. Sealants and waxes play well together as do sealants and sealants. Currently my truck has WG 3.0 sealant and I've been maintaining with guard and gloss. A lot of coatings don't seem to play well with sealants/waxes

I do use H2O G&G every few wash to lengthen the longevity of the coating (OptiGloosCoat here).  And as other said, CarPro recommended to use Reload (their spray sealant) to "condition" the CQuartz.  

But you are right, not every coating can be topped tho. 

Haven't seen this asked, but I'm going to experiment with Wolfgang's new Uber Ceramic coating next week either on my Raptor or another vehicle.  I'm curious as to any bonding issues or if I'm wasting my time doing guard and gloss every few washes as a maintenance. Surely will use detail spray, but I think unless a wax or sealant is polymer based, it won't bond to the surface of the coating? My first time using coatings, going to be interesting. 

I see you haven't been online for a few months, so hope you get an email notice on this reply, but was curious if you went through with this plan or not?

I recently applied the same Uber coating to my C7, and was thinking of using H20 as well to allow the car to be blown dry with my Master Blaster easier (slicker surface).

Anyway, if you see this, I'd like to hear your thoughts on if it was worth it, or not, or any bad effects from doing it.

Thanks