Customer Service 866.965.0400

Festivals of Speed Orlando - Dec 6th

mc2hill

We are taking the 1912 race car to the Festivals of Speed this Sunday, 12/06. The weather should be great, and there will be lots and lots and lots of great cars there (supercars and more) - Festivals of Speed. If you are able to attend here is link to discounted tickets - Tickets to Festivals of Speed.post-1109-0-30636000-1449161067_thumb.jpg

Edited by mc2hill

Thanks Dan!  I am hoping the owner will let me post up more pictures of it soon.  I also have to do a write up of another car he recently sold - something most folks have never seen!

Michael,

Thanks for posting the links, and beautiful car!

Hope you don't mind, but I sent your links in a "mass email" to the members of our car club, who live in FL during the months of November through April. Possible that some may attend, as they are located in various areas of Florida.

Michael,

Thanks for posting the links, and beautiful car!

Hope you don't mind, but I sent your links in a "mass email" to the members of our car club, who live in FL during the months of November through April. Possible that some may attend, as they are located in various areas of Florida.

Thanks Robert, and no worries.  Tell them to stop by the car and say "hi"!

Subscribed Mike!!!  Never made it up there for one of these events...yet!  Wish I could this weekend, but I have something 'Speciale' coming in!

Hmm, looking forward to the write-up!

Yesterdays show was great!  Temps in the upper 70's and sunny.

Tonight I will work on uploading photos, but here is teaser of what was at the show: Ferrarri Enzo, Panagai Huayra, Alpha Romeo TZ3 (one of 9 built), 2 McLaren P1's & a few MP4-12C's, Porsche Spyder, a few Lamborghini Anventador's & a Huracan, Saleen S7, and the only model currently in the US of the Aston Martin Vulcan.  There were lots of other nice, fast cars there too.  More to come, and some very cool news too!  

There was one in Cleveland a week ago.  I guess maybe the same car went down to Florida already?  Or could there be 2?

Probably the same one.  It had a 'Aston Martin Cleveland' decal across the rear diffuser.

OK, sorry for the delay, I could not bulk upload pictures yesterday.

So on with the show!

The Festivals of Speed Orlando event is held at the JW Marriot & Ritz Carlton Resorts.  The resort has a long, wide (about one car lane) sidewalk with lots of grass areas that meanders around this 'lake', and paved verandas to put the cars on.  We were lucky enough to be in the 'special' car area, a small rise, with it's own path.  

A nice Porsche Carrera GT ( $500,000 car when it was introduced in 2004)

DSCN0535_zpso7powman.jpg

And a few 911's

DSCN0537_zpshofau8jq.jpg

And a Porsche tractor!

DSCN0540_zpsgpyuq7eo.jpg

This is an Alfa Romeo TZ3, one of 9 built

DSCN0539_zpsxhiqxq9y.jpg

Ford GT

DSCN0550_zpsu5p71adw.jpg

Groups of carsDSCN0551_zpsm3xxi0vg.jpg

DSCN0552_zpswotzdafx.jpg

A couple of Lambo'sDSCN0553_zpsjmhtqdah.jpg

DSCN0554_zpsjrc6qfnb.jpg

Some McLarens

650S

DSCN0567_zps0lfklfuc.jpg

DSCN0569_zpskqzo6efp.jpg

MP4-12C

DSCN0578_zpssatyp3av.jpg

DSCN0573_zpswpexxbrw.jpg

DSCN0572_zpsp6d3py0z.jpg

Saleen S7

DSCN0579_zpsdvbpuful.jpg

The opposite of the supercars!

DSCN0585_zpscroarauh.jpg

Cobra replicaDSCN0589_zpsowepvvnk.jpg

A Fast & Furious car (I have a friend who is working on FF8 who will verify that for me)

DSCN0590_zpss1wlheni.jpg

DSCN0591_zpso5fictnv.jpg

Funny to read the 'build' info on this car!

DSCN0592_zpsbuvkvjpv.jpg

Aston Martin Lagonda

DSCN0606_zps2pmmjlri.jpg

DSCN0608_zpsdw6pyd2s.jpg

Getting nice and warmed up now....a real race car

1968 Lola T160, with a T70 MkIII body

DSCN3571_zpsun30pcyl.jpg

DSCN3601_zpszgeppz7h.jpg

DSCN3602_zpss3dk6lly.jpg

I spoke with the owner of that Lola, and he still runs the car on track days.  He said the 17" wide rear tires could be a little wider for the power the car has!

Now getting down to the supercars...

The newest supercar, an Aston Martin Vulcan, is a track only car, with a 7.0 litre V-12 that puts out 800 HP.  Only 24 are being built, and this is the only one currently in North America

DSCN0605_zpsqq4km2fx.jpg

DSCN0603_zpstnm9hchw.jpg

DSCN0604_zps6tkih0mj.jpg

McLaren P1

DSCN0544_zps4ji85pxu.jpg

Ferrari Enzo

DSCN2546_zpsqcmmlxjs.jpg

DSCN2548_zpspohepv70.jpg

DSCN2559_zpsmdysdobf.jpg

Pagani Huayra

DSCN1541_zpsayiraozq.jpg

DSCN1543_zpsysb9mntc.jpg

DSCN1610_zpsat2phszb.jpg

And our modest little 1912 Indy tribute car

IMAG0153_1_zpszmt4ae8k.jpg

Very cool to see all these amazing cars in one place, and my client was beyond stunned when he got this!

DSCN0614_zpsmuaurk3z.jpg

Congrats on the BOS trophy! there sure were a lot of great looking cars in the photos, but certainly that 1912 was one of the special ones. 

I do love seeing that big Ram lifted up sitting amongst the small cars lol just kinda funny to see. 

Thank you for sharing I always enjoy looking at these marvels of machinery. 

Congratulations on BOS! What products/prep did you use? Thank you for the pictures. Living in Central PA we do not see many exotic supercars

cars!

It was a 7 hour process getting the car ready.  

Believe it or not, the owner got the car stuck!  He was taking someone for a ride, and took a shortcut returning to his driveway.  But he forgot about how much rain we had received and when he went through the grass between the road and the sidewalk the skinny tires buried themselves in the mud up the axle! 

It took about an hour to clean each wheel.  I used a prototype Adam’s Bug & Tar Remover and a cotton towel to get off more of the mold release from the tires (both sides).  Followed that up with APC, and rinsed with Rinseless Wash (at wash strength) in a pump-up sprayer.  Then sprayed the wheels with the same solution and used a Boar’s hair brush to remove the sand, then wiped with MF towel - four sides of the 12 spokes and both sides rim.  Then put on LPS for protection and BG for bling on the wheels, and SVRT on the tires.  We jacked up the car for this so I could free-spin the wheels.

I cleaned the frame with Rinseless wash and MF towels.  Lots of brushes, MF towel wrapped popsicle sticks, and Adam’s Detailing Swabs later the frame, suspension, and steering components were dirt-free.  I added BG to the gloss black powder-coated frame.

For the body I used the same method as the frame, but with plusher MF’s.  I use gloves for this to keep from touching the copper gas tank.  The paint was in mostly good shape but I did a light polish on the hood, hood sides, and cowl with PFP on a 6” white pad, then went over that with Revive on a blue Hex Grip.  Next was BG, topped with Americana.

The above was done about 6 weeks ago for a show we ended up not attending.  The day before this show I sprayed the body with lots of WW and wiped it off with WW towels.  The owner had been keeping the brass and copper polished up with MP#1 & #2.     

Edited by mc2hill

Michael,

GREAT photos, and thank you for sharing!

Congrats on the "Best of Show" trophy.

Congrats on the BOS trophy! there sure were a lot of great looking cars in the photos, but certainly that 1912 was one of the special ones. 

I do love seeing that big Ram lifted up sitting amongst the small cars lol just kinda funny to see. 

Thank you for sharing I always enjoy looking at these marvels of machinery. 

Congratulations on BOS! What products/prep did you use? Thank you for the pictures. Living in Central PA we do not see many exotic supercars

cars!

Thanks guys.  The owner was still in shock when I saw him yesterday!