Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from Virginia

kmo019

Hey Detail Friends,

I am new to the auto detailing world and looking to get a good start. I drive a 2011 Ford Explorer (not the most exciting ride) and want to make the best of it. It has got major swirls and scratches from being a daily driver and I don't think the first owner took much care of it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm starting from zero and looking to learn everything that I can.

Thanks

KMO 

Welcome to the forums! You picked a great place to get a start, Adams has some top notch products that will get you to the shine level you want. 

Take a look around but my first recommendation would be to think about a budget. That will really determine where you start and what you should start with. 

There are some really well made product videos that demonstrate how to effectively use the products, never a bad way to spend a little time. 

There are great helpful people around here that will be more than happy to help you with your new addiction. 

Welcome to the Adams Shine Addiction!!

As stated, a lot of great videos on Adams website. A lot of great and knowledgable people on these forums.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

A budget and some goals are a good start. Adams has some very good kits. And they are all very reasonably priced. You can start with a "washing" kit (there are several) to get started and you can add to it as money and needs/want warrants. Such as glass kit, winterizer kit, wheels and tires, etc.

keep us posted on what you decide.

Just buy it all. You will at one point anyway. Should just get it out the way now. But if you have to start small. Shampoo, wash wedge (or pad), detail spray, and great white drying towel. Guard and gloss good also but you will also need a few towels (at least 4 to do right). Then just add everything else over the next 5 months.

Welcome to the forum! Starting with some of the kits would be the best way to get a nice selection of products at discounted prices. For major swirls, they would need to be corrected with a machine polisher, and we also have several machine polisher kits.

Welcome to the forums!!  Adams is a great place to start for detailing!  Like everyone has said...the kits are a great place to start.  Something like the essentials kit would be a great first purchase kit; getting your 2 buckets and everything you need to properly wash the vehicle.  As Dan said, to address swirls and scratchs you will need a machine polisher!

First off, welcome to the forums......

Second, Where are you located?  If you're close by, please come see me if you want to try out any of the products and I am always happy to help by answering any questions you may have about proper methods and techniques for maintaining your ride.  

- Darryl