Customer Service 866.965.0400

How did you come to use Adams?

Audog

Question

Just wondering how we all came to use Adams. I started with the usual mass market products, Meg's, Mothers, etc. and while they are good I felt that something was missing. That led to web searches and eventually to Griots, again a good product, but still something missing. Further searching lead to Chemical Guys, again good, but their videos remind me of the Vince from ShamWow telemercials. Then one day about a year ago, a chance encounter recommend Adams detail spray and now a year later I have a garage full. Every product I have from Adams has been great, does what it says, smells great and is priced reasonable. That's my story, how about everyone else

I started using Meguiar's and Chemical Guys products (still do, nothing wrong with them) but then tried a mystery box from Adam's just for the value (I got about $60 worth of product for only $40) and I've been hooked ever since. I like how Adam's has one item for every task and doesn't have 1000 different quick detailers or shampoos, it gets confusing with some of the other brands. Imo, it seems like Adam's products are more concentrated but also more expensive, about 2 X the competitor's prices but you are paying for premium products. My favorite products are super vrt, tire shine, and the glass cleaner.

When I bought my first Honda Ridgeline a few years back, I stumbled across the Ridgeline owner's forum and spent a lot of time reading posts from a guy who's screen name is SUKE.  He had very detailed threads showing his detailing efforts on several different automobiles.  When asked what products he uses, naturally he said he used the Adam's line.  I bought a few products at the beginning of this year and just placed two larger orders last week.

I was happy to see that SUKE also posts to this forum too.

So thanks to SUKE, everyone at Adam's, and everyone who posts on this forum.

I used Mothers on my daily drivers, just didn't know any better. I bought my first toy, a vette, two years ago and knew I had to do better.  Went to the internet and found Junkman and tried a few Adams products.  They are the best products along with the best customer service and support I ever experienced.

Way back in 2006 I will admit that I was young and still learning the ways of becoming a detailing freak. My buddy Matt (thedak) came up to me at a car show and said something along the lines of "stop using that M-name product, this stuff is the bomb..." (just with a few more choice words added in there), and handed me a bottle of Detail Spray and Brilliant Spray Glaze.

Over the next few months I made a full switch to Adam's over the course of the next few months. Then I met Dave (BRZN) at Carlisle and he got even more hooked - I bought a PC and then a Flex as I began to learn more and become more obsessed.  As the years went on I kept trying my best to get my GTO to look nearly as good as Dave's at Carlisle. He must have been at least somewhat impressed because the next thing I knew, I was working alongside of him and Adam at the shows, and now I have my dream job of working for Adam's - interacting with dozens and dozens of detailing enthusiasts every day through the forums, email, and the Customer Support line as well as testing new products, planning events, working on write-ups, and so much more :)

I had no concept of detailing before I was hired at Adam's Polishes 2 years ago.  I had been intrigued by the idea of detailing when I first filmed for Adam about 5 years ago but still never had detailed my car.  After I was hired and started to get more into creating the videos and having to edit all of Volume 9 Instructional Video Series (the one with the amazing Ferrari's) I started to have the processes of detailing engrained in my head and all I had to do was try it out.  One day while taking a break from editing I went down to the detailing bay, washed my car and clayed it.  I was astonished at what wash showing up in the clay bar and how smooth the paint was.  Needless to say my car looked new (to me) again.  I was hooked and now wash year round regardless of the weather.

It's interesting to think that the guy behind the camera and editing process learned how to detail from those exact videos I was in charge of creating.  It all has to do with Adam and his passion for sharing his knowledge through video on how to detail your car and keep it looking amazing.  Everything he preaches in videos is exactly how he uses the products on his own car and all others.  No gimmick at all.  He delivers a very honest and realistic method and it just so happens that he a stickler for quality so his products are the best.

Here are some before and afters of my first wash and clay bar:

FRONT_END_SPLIT_SCREEN_zpsofoixbxk.jpg

4RUNNER_SPLIT_SCREEN_zps6eys3op3.jpg

BEFORE_WHEEL_zpsub24tkzr.jpg

UNDRESSED_CLEAN_WHEEL_zps4jgketun.jpg

WHEEL_WASHING_BUCKET_zpsalvcwcyv.jpg

I have a Hot Rod - '41 Ford Pick Up - Red with great Paint & Chrome.

I've always been a polish & shine freak & figured I was using great products.

my truck was winning at shows & I was completely satisfied with what I had.

One day - at a local car show - Glen Yates the local distributor for Adams asked if he could use his products on 1/2 of my rear bumper, 1/2 of my rear fender & 1/2 of 1 of my polished aluminum wheels.

After he was done he asked me what I thought & I answered that I needed to buy some of his products.

Started the addiction we are all familiar with now I'm retired & have a little detailing business - all with Adams products & polishes.

And Glen & I are now friends

^This is why I always say have a dedicated wheel/tire bucket LOL

That's some rough looking stuff in that bucket!

(I'm not going to discuss what the rinse bucket looked like when using Adams Leather Cleaner on my Suburban interior this past spring after years of neglect! :D ).

We have been showing antique/collector cars since the mid 1980s.  My father used Turtle Wax exclusively and I was using Meg's at that time.  Over the years I have switched to many different products to find the look and protection that I want.  I have tried them all and over the last few years use Adam's for about 90% of my needs.  I like the ease of use and the shine/prtotection that Adam's offers.  I have since made my father a believer in Adam's and he has switched to Adam's as well.  I am now trying to switch my Uncle over to Adam's but it will be very hard as he is a master tester for Meg's.

One of the big plusses with Adam's is the product support directly from the company and the user forums.

Thank you Adam's Polishes for everything you offer.

My dad is a clean freak and always washed his cars by hand, probably for the economics of it just as much as the quality.

I'm a clean freak but took it to the next level with cars, eventually working part-time as a detailer (learning how bad dealer practices can be). I got a black car and learned about what causes swirl marks, how clay works and why, and even got to practice with a rotary (!). I learned that rotary is risky overkill for most decent paint, so I picked up a PC and got into detailing on the side with a friend.

I had heard of Adam's previously, about 10 years ago now, but went through the more local Detailersdomain for my first supplies purchases, sticking with OTC for things like shampoo, mitts and clay.

Later I graduated and started my career, and got my first new car - in black, of course. If I'm going to obsess over the paint, I may as well get rewarded with that fabulous mirror shine, right??

In my initial effort to preserve the new finish, I researched the best value, ease of application, and quality in wax. My approach was to wax the car about every other wash, 2 times a month perhaps. Adam's Buttery was my choice, figuring that any lesser durability wouldn't be much issue with a high frequency of application.

It wasn't long until I expanded to a car wash trio, also trying out detail spray and Adam's APC. I tossed my older wash mitts and relegated lesser towels to non-paint use. As I learned more about the background of his business, watched the videos, read posts from loyal followers, and came to see the level of quality from the products to the website to the bottles and labels to the shipping/packing to the scents... I was hooked. At this point there are only a couple of non-Adam's products in my arsenal, which has grown substantially in the past year.

Like others, I used the Meg's and mothers and other products back in the day (80's) because they were available locally, and the internet was non existent. Over the years, I tried every product and company that came along but always looked for a better and easier way to use detailing product's. After trying Adam's, I realized that these product's were easy to use and the quality was top notch. Through the last 10 years or more, I have been using nothing but Adam's products. The way the different product's are designed to work with each other is amazing and makes sense and makes things super easy. I also owned a detail shop and used mostly Adam's product's. Awesome company, Awesome customer service, Awesome product's, Awesome people, Why use anything else!

Glad I found this one. I grew up using, brace yourselves, laundry soap and a sponge on the cars. No, I haven't done that in decades, but that's where I began. Moved on to Meg's for a while, but really just basic wash and dry for a long time. Until I moved to my current job, that is.

Hat tip to Norton (Steve) for getting me hooked. Seeing his beautiful, shiny GT500 in front of our building...well, at least on days it wasn't going to rain ;) ...made me envious. Even his daily is sunglasses worthy! I sold a car recently that I considered trying to revive, but it was in need of significant repairs and, unfortunately, since I didn't take care of the paint, that, too, was beyond saving, even for Adam's (clear coat losing its integrity). So I let it go. However, my son's Xterra was just sitting there, ready to shine out from under all the "fun" he's had on Colorado's back roads and trails. So I took the plunge recently and purchased some essentials - again, using Steve's recommendations - detailed his truck as a birthday gift, and voila! Hooked. All in. No turning back.

Now it's time to turn the addiction to his parents' cars! :rockon:

Edited by falcaineer

I stumbled across a video. The title, "How to properly wash your car." I laughed and thought it's easy, get a bucket of soap and water with a mit and wash it. Man was I wrong. The video was from the Junkman. He was using Adam's at the time and so I looked around and his video got me into detailing and Adam's Polishes.