Customer Service 866.965.0400

Grit Guard Washboard

Erictski

Question

I use two in my bucket now.  One on the bottom where it is supposed to go and one free standing to use as a scrub  surface.  But that is a neat idea. 

ive toyed with the idea of cutting one and modifying it to be similar to what the above photo shows.  but looks like grit guard was already thinking about it.  I will definitely be purchasing one of these when they are ready for purchase.

I looked in several places and do not see a mention of them.  Luan Lamb is the president of the company.  So they may not be out yet.  I send him a message off of their site to see if I could get some more information.  

I believe this photo was from SEMA 2015 so probably not quite out for distribution yet.

Weird, I would have thought they (grit-guard) already made these since the dirt-droppers have been around for awhile. Also a must have for cleaning the tire and fender well brushes.

M

Edited by Mooser

I do agree it would be nice for long handle fender brushes or wheel woolies that are difficult to fit down into the grit guard at the bottom of the bucket, but other than that I would be just fine with the regular Grit Guard.

I did share this thread with Adam and the team to get their thoughts as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

I do agree it would be nice for long handle fender brushes or wheel woolies that are difficult to fit down into the grit guard at the bottom of the bucket, but other than that I would be just fine with the regular Grit Guard.

I did share this thread with Adam and the team to get their thoughts as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

Great. 

They would be great for the wash mitts also.  I always stand mine up when rubbing a used mitt in the rinse bucket.  

I don't stand mine up because of fright of stirring up the stuff at the bottom, but I agree about the mitt. While the grit guard works great now, I like this because it isn't round which reduces unwanted spinning of the grit guard, I also feel like this will allow for better surface contact to the pad because it's not contained by the sides of the bucket.

Are there any cut-away videos or clear bucket videos of GritGuards in action? 

I'd love to see this as well. I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to the grit guard... I imagine scrubbing at the bottom just stirs up the dirt/grit and does as much or more harm than good (and I know I'm not the only one).

This washboard might just be enough to get me to pull the trigger on the big bad 5-gal bucket setup, though honestly I wish there was a smaller option to take up less space and use less shampoo.

edit - is that a 3.5 gallon partially shown on the right hand page? Hmmm..

Edited by butters

^The 3.5 gallon bucket is great for rinseless washing if you want something compact and are doing a GDWM but I like the 5 gallon bucket for traditional washing because by the time you fill it up with 3-3.5 gallons or so, 1 gallon is below the grit guard and the suds foam up pretty high in the bucket

We actually discussed the option of bringing back 3.5 gallon buckets on Monday, since they have been requested by Corvette owners and people that have other vehicles with short trunk areas that will not fit a 5 gallon bucket for transportation.

I will let you know if/when a decision is made about the Washboard and 3.5 gallon buckets!

Awesome, thanks! I'm very interested in this.