Customer Service 866.965.0400

REVIEW: Adam's Tire Shine

stripesace

Question

I've always been opposed to shiney tires. I really enjoy that "natural" black rubber look of tires. Of all the videos and photos I've seen of tires with Tire Shine I always felt like there was too shine (GASP!) for my taste on the tire.

Well, a few mystery boxes ago, I got a bottle of tire shine and have tried like hades to trade it out for something. VRT has been my tire dressing of choice. 

Well last night I decided that my wife's Highlander would be a perfect candidate to try it out on. She won't notice and she likes shiny things. So I finally cracked the seal on the bottle and that smell.... oh that glorious sweet banana pudding flavored smell literally made my mouth water. I dropped its sprayer in the bottle got it tightened down and primed it into a fresh foam block applicator. 

I opted to use the stream setting on the sprayer after the first tire because well... I made a mess of the wheel. I wish I had taken the time to cut out a wheel cover per TheWolf. Once I got that part figured out, the rest was much cleaner application. I applied several sprays moving the stream in crescent shapes to make sure it was evenly spread around the tire. I then took a foam block applicator and made one trip around the tire to knock it down and spread it before it started drying. I immediately went back and was more methodical in my spreading of the product, making sure it got into all of the grooves on the tire.

TIP: I take the corner of the foam block applicator and wedged it behind the Chrometec wheel cover to make sure that every crevice of the tire is getting some product.

Here's the photos, you be the judge but I was pleasantly surprised at the finish this morning when I backed it out into the driveway / sunlight. Not too shiny, just.... right.I attribute the more natural/matte finish to the amount of passes the foam block made over the tire. Maybe its just in my head?

You do what you want, but VRT will no longer be my first choice for tires. Adding a gallon of Tire Shine to my next order.

post-13391-0-11569900-1451016941_thumb.png

post-13391-0-24337400-1451017193_thumb.jpg

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Wheels were sprayed using the stream setting with 1:1 Deep Wheel Cleaner and agitated with the Adam's Wheel Brush. Tire's coated with straight All Purpose Cleaner and scrubbed well with the Adam's Tire Brush.

After all was done, I took a wheel towel, with a spritz of detail spray and wiped down the chromatech wheels for a little extra pop.

Edited by stripesace

12 answers to this question

John,

Like you, I dislike "shiney" tires too, but absolutely love the look of Tire Shine. I prefer spraying it on the applicator, then dressing the tire, and is the way I suggest customers using it. I also wonder if it would be an easier "sell" if it was named "Tire Dressing" or something.

Glad you finally tried it though. Don't worry, still plenty of places to use SVRT.

Bruce

John,

Like you, I dislike "shiney" tires too, but absolutely love the look of Tire Shine. I prefer spraying it on the applicator, then dressing the tire, and is the way I suggest customers using it. I also wonder if it would be an easier "sell" if it was named "Tire Dressing" or something.

Glad you finally tried it though. Don't worry, still plenty of places to use SVRT.

Bruce

I tend to agree Bruce. Maybe Dan or someone will see that suggestion.

The great thing is TS lasts a lot longer than SVRT.

Looking forward to seeing how this holds up. Somehow my wife manages to get a car dirtier than anyone I know.

Thanks for the write-up John, as I probably would not have tried the Tire Shine that I received in my last mystery box, fearing it would be too shiny...like the video showed it would be. Tried it, love it! Super VRT will be delegated to other areas now, Tire Shine for the tires from now on!

Thanks for the write-up John, as I probably would not have tried the Tire Shine that I received in my last mystery box, fearing it would be too shiny...like the video showed it would be. Tried it, love it! Super VRT will be delegated to other areas now, Tire Shine for the tires from now on!

Wow Jim. Thanks for the compliment. :)