Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pads

OIF Vet

Question

Hello everyone!!

Long story short, in these past 3 years I've hit rock bottom when PTSD related depression and anger kicked in. Thus why I've been AWOL from the site. I've been getting back into some sort of normalcy and doing things that I've enjoyed doing in the past. Being a good husband to my wife, good dad to my boys, detailing and mountain biking. I feel so much better but I'm still a work in progress.

Thanks some amazing generousity I am getting my product collection back together. In the near future I will be buying a new polisher. Since I've been gone for so long the pads have changed. When the time comes to buy a polisher (I really want the Rupes Big Foot but will probably have to go with the cheaper PC) I have no clue what size pads to buy. What size pads will work the best since there are so many now?

So much for a long story short. Sorry about that. Thanks for the help!!

Rob

It really depends on what your looking to do, the Rupes 21 and the PC take diff sized pads, I think you can use the same ones between the Rupes 15 and the PC thou. 

That said you could always get the PC Kit now and just upgrade the machine when funding is better. 

I wasn't here when you last were, but glad to have you back and feeling better anyway.

The size doesn't really matter in terms of how they work. You just need to buy the correct size pad for the machine that you decide to purchase. Obviously a larger pad covers more area, but you need to pick a polisher first. Biggest isn't always the best. I have a Rupes 15 and love it. It takes 6 inch pads.

Edited by marquez93

OIF Vet - I may have an LHR15ES Bigfoot I can donate to your rebuild of supplies, my personal one that's about to be retired.

Shoot me an email: dylanv@rupesusa.com

Dylan,

That would be amazing!!! Thank you very much

Rob

OIF Vet - I may have an LHR15ES Bigfoot I can donate to your rebuild of supplies, my personal one that's about to be retired.

Shoot me an email: dylanv@rupesusa.com

This was my deciding factor in which polisher to buy. A great act of kindness. I will be picking up the new LHR 15 II.

Welcome back Rob!  If you decide to go with the PC again, you will be pleased at how the 6" pads work over the older, larger pads.

Welcome back Rob, good to have you back.

It's great to be back!!!  I tell you what, I missed this forum with all you guys. 

I tell you what, I love this community (the detailing community in general...) I wish I was in a position today to get you some pads.

You sacrificed a great deal for our country so that we can sit out in our garage's on the weekend and have the first world problems we have. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough.... 

So Thankful to Dylan, the crew at Rupes, Adam and Dan. FedEx delivered some amazing items today!! I loved that Dylan and Jason signed my Bigfoot. So thankful and humbled at everyone's kindness.

Honored to know my polisher is in the hands of someone who truly deserves it. Enjoy!