Customer Service 866.965.0400

What does your detail cart/bucket/bag look like?

sahls01gmc

After 7 orders in 2 months, I quickly realized that I need a way to keep everything close by when I'm washing and detailing my vehicles.  I have a dozen or so bottles and misc. applicators and towels that I'd like to have in one spot so I don't keep making trips to the garage shelves.

What does your setup look like?

Rubbermaid Commercial FG450088BLA.

I switched out the non-locking casters for Steelex D2612 Swivel Double Lock castors on all four corners.

Thanks!  I actually stumbled upon your amazing detailed thread and was even more intrigued and impressed on your set-up!  Still trying to get my bearings on the forum and that will provide a good amount of reading material.

I plan to build a cheap, somewhat smaller cart that will fit easier in the space that I will be working.  Most of the ones I can find are a bit too wide for what I need.  Detailing in a two car garage where space between cars is limited.  I keep my toy car in the garage so only have half of it to work with.

Thanks!  I actually stumbled upon your amazing detailed thread and was even more intrigued and impressed on your set-up!  Still trying to get my bearings on the forum and that will provide a good amount of reading material.

I plan to build a cheap, somewhat smaller cart that will fit easier in the space that I will be working.  Most of the ones I can find are a bit too wide for what I need.  Detailing in a two car garage where space between cars is limited.  I keep my toy car in the garage so only have half of it to work with.

Harbor Freight has a nice polypropylene cart that is 30in x 16in ($100, but you can usually find a 20% coupon on their web site).  That's what I've been using.  I'd like to add locking casters on it though.  If you want it even smaller, you could probably assemble it without the handle.

Harbor Freight has a nice polypropylene cart that is 30in x 16in ($100, but you can usually find a 20% coupon on their web site).  That's what I've been using.  I'd like to add locking casters on it though.  If you want it even smaller, you could probably assemble it without the handle.

16" is not bad, which is what the small version of the one Wolf posted up is as well.  I was looking at making one 15" to ensure ample room all around but the extra inch may not be bad. 

Need to get a better picture of mine, but I grabbed a utility cart from Lowes and have it loaded up!

Also have about 7 small plastic bins for all my towels and have them all grouped together by function!

How do you keep your stuff in there when it's mounted to the wall like that? 

:lolsmack:

I'll have to snap a pic later, but I'm in need of bottle holders... Trying to find the right materials for DIY but feel like I might have to resort to a local metal shop. 

I made mine from Styrofoam. Works great! My starting foam already had holes but it would be easy to do from blocks found @ a craft store too.Check out the thread i referenced above if interested.

nice job. she looks nice, my only concern would be the weight of the overall cart not the products on it. Being wood it should handle all the product weight fine just moving it around it could be heavy.

It moves well, made sure to get casters that weren't junk and had decent bearings. Cut the weight down and used 2x3 with plain plywood as my shelf's. I picked it up and moved it just to see if I had screwed myself on the overall weight and surprisingly wasn't bad! Right at about 50 lbs unloaded. More than your cart you can buy but not terrible.