Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Are Your Most Used/Favorite Towels & What Do You Use Them For?

Mikedakin

Question

^ Thanks for the advice Stephen. I have plenty of "Made in China" towels I could use. My wheels really aren't that dirty. Just wasn't sure what to use to agitate them if the deep wheel cleaner or all purpose cleaner didn't get everything. I don't have all the wheel tools yet.

Ah I see. I keep my wheels very clean as well, so that I only need to use an old retired wash mitt to clean them by hand with my car shampoo. I don't take my microfibers to them afterwards in case I missed a corner or in case the towel catches behind a spoke etc.

You could use a brush if you don't have the woolie to agitate.

Tim, I really think the Double Soft is best for Rinseless, H2O GG, and definitely kills the others in LSP removal. And it has more quality/longevity. The borderless are decent, but it seems like they lose their effectiveness over a shorter period of time. It seems like mine get dreadlocks after a few months whereas the Dubs stay soft. I am doing a lot of RW and H2O application. Maybe it's just me.

They're far too thick and heavy in my experience for a rinseless. When they're full of solution they weigh a ton. If you're not using the GDWM for rinseless and instead using the 2 bucket method maybe then I'd use the double softs. 

I've had the Borderless towels for over a year and have used on probably 100+ cars in my business and they work fine still, maybe you got a bad set. 

I prefer to fold my towels in 1/4s for LSP removal and for rinseless. The double soft is too thick to properly do this IMO. So you have less clean sides per towel. The only way I like the Double Soft is completely unfolded because otherwise it is too thick and can't feel the surface properly. 

If you look around at the industry - ultra high GSM towels such as the Double Soft are not typically the towel of choice for something like a rinseless but it boils down to what you personally like to use. I use what I like and what gets me the best results for my personal vehicle and for my customer's vehicles. It's not a matter of who's right, just what you like.

Edited by Performance Auto Detailing

I think its pretty safe to say the double soft is probably closer to 1000+ GSM (MAYBE 1100?) and the single soft seems to be in the 6-800 GSM range. If I were a betting man all of the waffle weaves probably fall into the 400GSM range. 

I think the double soft are the best on the market. Every other companies towels that I have bought it the past are so cheap compared to this. They stick and drag to my hand. All of the Adam's towels are amazing but the double soft is the best of the best.

Christmas load all washed and folded. I'm gonna really enjoy having this stack of grey towels to grab a clean one and go for random jobs. But now I wonder if the grey towels are going to be too plush with too much nap for interior work/products??

And I think the blue plush waffle weave is going to be awesome for LSP removal!

post-15305-0-85359300-1482595706_thumb.jpg

Edited by galaxy

Christmas load all washed and folded. I'm gonna really enjoy having this stack of grey towels to grab a clean one and go for random jobs. But now I wonder if the grey towels are going to be too plush with too much nap for interior work/products??

IMG_0367.JPG

What type of interior work are you wanting to use them for? Not really a good scrubbing towel but I like to use them to wipe down trim, chrome accents, leather, etc...

attachicon.gifIMG_0367.JPG

Borderless Gray Towels aren't really intended for interior work, except where Eric mentions below for things like chrome or piano black trim, painted rocker panels, or buffing off excess Leather Conditioner. The Borderless Gray Towels are intended more for exterior detail work like applying/removing H2O Guard & Gloss, removal of polish/wax/sealant residue, removal of Metal Polish residue and so on. Our tight-weave Edgeless Utility Towels are designed and better-suited for the majority of interior work - from wiping down door panels and dashboards to scrubbing dirt out of leather seats, to scrubbing carpets.

The Blue Plush Waffle should work well for LSP removal in most cases, but realize that these are lower GSM than our other towels and you could potentially run into some light surface marring on very delicate clear coats. I've used them on a few cars without issue, but always be sure to use them in a test spot first.

And I have no idea why my pics keep getting rotated 90° every time I upload one.

Do you have an iphone? They seem to not rotate images sometimes.

I noticed a few days ago the Blue Waffle Utility towel is no longer listed.  I love those things for wheels and door/trunk/hood jams etc.  I also do not like how the new glass towels do.  They seem to stick or hang up like a dry rubber or something across the glass.  Any tips??

I think its pretty safe to say the double soft is probably closer to 1000+ GSM (MAYBE 1100?) and the single soft seems to be in the 6-800 GSM range. If I were a betting man all of the waffle weaves probably fall into the 400GSM range.

According to the website, doubles are 920 gsm. Numbers are posted with each towel. Edited by GXPaycheck

Great list on what towels to use with what products. How do you see the triple soft microfiber towel fitting in to this list?

I only have a pair of triple softs and I use them to remove Buttery and Patriot Wax only. In all reality though, a double soft can do anything a triple soft can. 

So no one has any replies to the glass towel question or the blue waffle utility towel info I asked about?

Which side of the new glass towel should be used?

Are the blue waffle utitly towels not being offered any longer?

So no one has any replies to the glass towel question or the blue waffle utility towel info I asked about?

Which side of the new glass towel should be used?

On new green glass towel, use the thick/longer fiber side to clean. Them short fiber side to polish the window. I've personally had no issues with Adam's class cleaner and new towels. Seems a little cleaner goes a long way. When using previous spray head use a fast steady squeeze for best atomization.

I think the plush waffle towels are out.

I did a total tech refresh on my towel inventory as a Christmas present to myself and when I ordered, I picked up a six pack of the blue waffle utility towels.  I had to email Ryan about something on the order and he indicated I got the last ones in stock.  I don't know if that meant no more period, or no more for a while, but I got the last of them.

I am going to hold on to my blue waffle weave and those are going to become my wax removal towels.  Haven't used them for this duty yet, but the weave and design seems it'll be perfect for this.  I have so many options for towels in my cabinet that I need to identify a use for them, LOL.

But in keeping with tradition of this thread...the grey edgeless has become my favorite go-to towel.  Absolutely love it.  If put in a corner and gun point and made to choose one towel to keep forever, this would be it.  If I need to QD something, this is the ONLY towel I grab.

The green glass towels are the worst and as soon as my new blue ones get here and I try them...green = garbage.  FWIW, even my grey edgeless are awesome on glass.  They don't slide across interior glass all that great once the cleaner has dried/evaporated, but they also don't drag nor leave those tiny fibers behind either.  

Just to throw my 2 cents in, my favorite towels....it's a tie between the Double Soft and the Grey Edge-less towels. A really close second is the Single Soft towel. My least favorite of all is the Yellow Window Towel. That thing is almost useless when it comes to ease of use, having to make numerous passes to get the windows streak free.

The Blue Waffle Towel ....well, not that impressed

Grey Utility Towel.....perfect for those dirty areas that I don't mind getting the towel dirty.

Prior to purchasing Adam's towels, I used to buy "The Ragg Company's" towels. They have quite a selection, but for the money I'm sticking with Adam's towels. With 3 cars to work on, I have a small stash of Adam's towels and never run out of a clean towel to use when washing and detailing.

post-15154-0-63687800-1486467391_thumb.jpg

Just to throw my 2 cents in, my favorite towels....it's a tie between the Double Soft and the Grey Edge-less towels. A really close second is the Single Soft towel. My least favorite of all is the Yellow Window Towel. That thing is almost useless when it comes to ease of use, having to make numerous passes to get the windows streak free.

The Blue Waffle Towel ....well, not that impressed

Grey Utility Towel.....perfect for those dirty areas that I don't mind getting the towel dirty.

Prior to purchasing Adam's towels, I used to buy "The Ragg Company's" towels. They have quite a selection, but for the money I'm sticking with Adam's towels. With 3 cars to work on, I have a small stash of Adam's towels and never run out of a clean towel to use when washing and detailing.

Hi Gary, im surprised you don't like the window towels, are they hard to use? I was thinking about buying window towels but I may hold off for now. Have you tried the waffle weave towels for the windows, that's what I use for my windows, I'm going to have to buy at least four more. You have a nice collection going there.

Hi Gary, im surprised you don't like the window towels, are they hard to use? I was thinking about buying window towels but I may hold off for now. Have you tried the waffle weave towels for the windows, that's what I use for my windows, I'm going to have to buy at least four more. You have a nice collection going there.

Joe...I haven't had much good luck with the yellow window towels. A little hard to use and they seem not to remove all the film off the windows. (inside) You might try the blue Perfect Window Towel and let me know what you think. I haven't purchased those yet. 

I just now tried the Brilliant Glaze trick on the inside of the windows and I'll see how that works. Somewhere I read that adding a thin coat of Brilliant Glaze on the inside of the windows will help keep that filmy stuff build up. 

Edited by Geebee

Joe...I haven't had much good luck with the yellow window towels. A little hard to use and they seem not to remove all the film off the windows. (inside) You might try the blue Perfect Window Towel and let me know what you think. I haven't purchased those yet. 

I just now tried the Brilliant Glaze trick on the inside of the windows and I'll see how that works. Somewhere I read that adding a thin coat of Brilliant Glaze on the inside of the windows will help keep that filmy stuff build up.

Gary,

I have two of the original blue towels, I haven't tried them yet, if there anything like that other GG brand I used which I hope there not because the GG brand sucked. I'll keep you posted. The towels I have been using are the one for waterless wash blue waffle weave towels. I like those for cleaning windows. I just recently bought two to try them out so I'll probably buy more soon.

I agree. I've had trouble with the yellow towels from day 1. On relatively clean glass, dirty glass, hazed glass, made no difference. I just wish they hadn't waited so long to bring back the blue towels.