Customer Service 866.965.0400

More affordable paste wax options for the future?

I might be a solo request on this but I would love to see a more economical option for a entry level style paste wax. I hear amazing things about americana and patriot and I do plan on getting both this year however, when I am doing a standard detail I despise liquid wax due to waste and just overall a more messy time. I am using a forbidden paste wax currently due to the fact not every redneck in tennessee cares enough to pay the premium for a higher quality wax. Just an idea as I love adams and hope that one day everything I use to detail with will be a adams product.

I am not arguing that Americana is one hell of a value all things considered. But I am talking about a entry level wax not a premium or ultra premium not every car needs Americana applied to it much less patriot to most is not required. I just think a buttery style paste would sell like hot cakes to me, great affordability but the lovely paste wax application vs messy liquid

I'm not sure thats going to happen. I mean, the word Premium is in the company name... "Adam's Premium Car Care".

My first Tub of Americana lasted 4 years, and a TON of vehicles, including several Fire Engines which aren't exactly small.

The man said fire engines lol, I agree definitely not a small surface area. I think adams still has the ability to have a option for to new weekend warrior or for small business that likes the buttery wax just hates the liquid. Im not trying to get a big box style product out of adams just a more economical option was all I was thinking, of course if it was cheaper the results will not be as good but it all just options

Im sorry to say that Im the weekend guy and have the tin of patriot too....

I would have been faster to it thou if there was a smaller tub of americana...Just a thought, maybe instead of adding a product just offer an intro size to it. Maybe a short version of the clay bar tub would do with 4-5oz of wax for an affordable price? Not sure if that would do it for you or not, but personally I think they are good with where they are. 

I actually like the Buttery wax as far as liquids go, does a nice job and not really messy actually easier in my eyes than some of those other paste waxes I have used in the past. 

We're actually in the process of looking at new containers for Americana that have an easier to open lid. If we go through with the change, the new container will most likely be a little smaller in size and the price should lower some to account for that change. With the occasional discounts and promotions that we offer, it should be into the $5X or less range, but nothing is final, so don't take this as an official announcement just yet!

Buttery Wax is one of our best sellers due to its incredible ease of use, easy on easy off, and can be applied directly in the sun, so I don't think we will be offering a paste wax anywhere near that $19.99 price point of Buttery Wax. I feel we already have enough wax and sealant options as-is, especially since we're making it a goal to simplify the detailing process and reduce confusion for beginner detailers and skilled detailers too. If they truly hate liquid style waxes, tell them to at least give Buttery Wax a shot and we will stand behind our 110% satisfaction guarantee if for some reason they don't like it :)

Edit: I can wax probably 30 vehicles with a tub of Americana, so at $69.99 that's less than $2.50 per vehicle...not too bad at all when you look at it that way! And if you go with the Americana Shine Kit, that's an even better value with the Brilliant Glaze, Double Soft Towel and 2 applicators, plus it's on sale right now B)

I wasn't aware you could get that many vehicles out of a single tub huge plus on the Americana. How many can one expect out of the patriot can? I think I was misunderstood with the price thing, I wasn't implying the options we have are to mich I find them to be a exceptional value based of all the results an high praise I see. I was just tossing a beginner type idea out there. Either way I will get my hands on Americana for the spring for sure hopefully by summer I can grab the patriot. I got the irs and property tax battle going on currently. Then I need my polisher and a decent steamer so I can start pumping out cars. I love being able to toss ideas off each other here.

The man said fire engines lol, I agree definitely not a small surface area. I think adams still has the ability to have a option for to new weekend warrior or for small business that likes the buttery wax just hates the liquid. Im not trying to get a big box style product out of adams just a more economical option was all I was thinking, of course if it was cheaper the results will not be as good but it all just options

I think you answered your own question. Americana is a bargain in the premium market, if you add up cost per application I find it cheaper than Buttery. At $60 and say you get 40 coats that's $1.50 each coat, apply heavy or on mostly trucks and you get 30 coats and that is $2 a coat.

We're actually in the process of looking at new containers for Americana that have an easier to open lid. If we go through with the change, the new container will most likely be a little smaller in size and the price should lower some to account for that change. With the occasional discounts and promotions that we offer, it should be into the $5X or less range, but nothing is final, so don't take this as an official announcement just yet!

Buttery Wax is one of our best sellers due to its incredible ease of use, easy on easy off, and can be applied directly in the sun, so I don't think we will be offering a paste wax anywhere near that $19.99 price point of Buttery Wax. I feel we already have enough wax and sealant options as-is, especially since we're making it a goal to simplify the detailing process and reduce confusion for beginner detailers and skilled detailers too. If they truly hate liquid style waxes, tell them to at least give Buttery Wax a shot and we will stand behind our 110% satisfaction guarantee if for some reason they don't like it :)

Edit: I can wax probably 30 vehicles with a tub of Americana, so at $69.99 that's less than $2.50 per vehicle...not too bad at all when you look at it that way! And if you go with the Americana Shine Kit, that's an even better value with the Brilliant Glaze, Double Soft Towel and 2 applicators, plus it's on sale right now B)

Please don't get a container that is too much smaller, one of the things I like best about Americana is the big opening. I can get a decent size applicator in the jar and twist to pick up product and keep the remaining product flat in the can.

Please don't get a container that is too much smaller, one of the things I like best about Americana is the big opening. I can get a decent size applicator in the jar and twist to pick up product and keep the remaining product flat in the can.

Totally agree with you there Brian, I love that the Red Hex Grip Applicator fits into the tub and I would like to keep it that way if we do make the switch!

Glad to learn how long the paste wax last. I was planning on ordering some, from the photos I have seen it looks like an amazing product. And being able to get that many coats out of a can, should last me years since I only own one vehicle and a motorcycle. Can not wait to try it.

This is great input friends!  As Dan mentioned, we are indeed working on a revision of the Americana tub....stay tuned!   It lasts the weekend warrior detailer too long, 10+ years currently!  Should be a 3-5yr supply. 

Thanks for this input, very valuable and relevant.

Should be a 3-5yr supply.

So instead of two thin coats after sealing the car I'll put on four coats, that should bring me down to the five yr mark! Got it!!! Lol

I too like the current container size. Having said that, what I have left in my tub is in tough shape with all broken tiny little Americana pieces everywhere.

I really like the Americana, never tried Patriot, but every time I detail i have hard time NOT grabbing the Buttery wax. It is just so easy to use and I love the look. PLus my vehicles are garage kept so I get plenty of live out of a coat. I just love the stuff !!!!

I agree with Rich, not smaller. I also agree with redesigning the tub - my Americana tub is a bear to open, so I end up reaching for my Patriot in the billet container. It is really easy to open :)

After having a few issues with the Americana tub I upgraded to a billet pot of Patriot myself. So much easier to open but I haven't had the time to use it yet

This is great input friends!  As Dan mentioned, we are indeed working on a revision of the Americana tub....stay tuned!   It lasts the weekend warrior detailer too long, 10+ years currently!  Should be a 3-5yr supply. 

Thanks for this input, very valuable and relevant.

Good to hear about the tub. I hated my first tub to the point I reached out to Dylan for a new one. After melting Americana into the new tub we were good to go...for a couple years or so. Last fall I chucked the tub with maybe 5 or so applications left in it after it started giving me issues. Looking forward to the revised tub since I do miss not having Americana as it is so easy to use, looks great and lasts.

Edited by Captain Slow