Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car Prep: 2016 Audi A3

SYMAWD

I traded in my 2014 Civic Si for this 2016 Audi A3 2.0t quattro.  The car is new and has never been washed but it did sit for nearly 6 months at the dealer without anyone touching it.  Here it is in my driveway with 300 miles on it.  Just a little dirty.  The color is Lotus Gray.

IMAG2839_zpshghcbmm8.jpg

IMAG2840_zpsfk0tfsx4.jpg

IMAG2841_zpstotsh93z.jpg

Wheels were cleaned with a product similar to DWC and the tires and wheel wells were cleaned with Adam's APC.

IMAG2842_zpscne4jrs1.jpg

IMAG2843_zps2hu99vn5.jpg

Here it is after a wash with Adam's Car Shampoo.

IMAG2844_zpss4ccfcbu.jpg

I then sprayed the car down with a product similar to DWC.

IMAG2845_zpsobw8labx.jpg

IMAG2846_zps0z8x82dn.jpg

IMAG2847_zpsiyp2spii.jpg

IMAG2848_zpsleo2tjau.jpg

I then got the car fairly dry to pull into the garage and clay it.

IMAG2849_zpsiibnx8fw.jpg

IMAG2850_zpsw9fenjxc.jpg

Only the horizontal surfaces were badly contaminated.

IMAG2854_zpstqusbnvk.jpg

Here is the initial condition of the paint.

IMAG2855_zpssffg00hn.jpg

Pretty good except a few areas had minor water spots.

IMAG2853_zps8ckcod06.jpg

Because the paint was in relatively excellent condition, I proceeded just to polish the car to get it closer to perfect.

Trunk

IMAG2856_BURST002_zpsh9vrnqlg.jpg

Hood:

IMAG2857_zps6cadq6yd.jpg

IMAG2859_zpsyklqsjom.jpg

IMAG2861_zpsjt2n4oz0.jpg

IMAG2863_zpsm0fqnqqj.jpg

I then brought it back into the garage to apply a ceramic coating.

I also went around and cleaned all of the rubber window trim using Adam's APC

IMAG2867_zpsx8ubu6dl.jpg

Rubber trim and tires were then dressed with Adam's SVRT.  The wheels and windshield got Adam's Quick Sealant.  The rest of the glass got another sealant.

The final result:

IMAG2871_zpsf8cp45uj.jpg

IMAG2870_zpss1jbmmfh.jpg

IMAG2869_zpsmpzxek8u.jpg

IMAG2873_zpstcchtuwm.jpg

IMAG2876_zps6vqdjgkl.jpg

Looks great!!  Love seeing Audi's looking so fresh and clean!

Looks great! What was the reason for trading in the Si for the A3?

Looks very impressive!

Thanks guys.  

I traded in the Si simply because I got this for pretty much the same price (Audi does great employee leases) and gained AWD, leather heated seats, more power, and a lot more refinement.  

Thanks guys.  

I traded in the Si simply because I got this for pretty much the same price (Audi does great employee leases) and gained AWD, leather heated seats, more power, and a lot more refinement.

Heated seats are the best! So is a heated steering wheel. As soon as I start up the first things I turn on are the heated seat and wheel. When my wife is in the car the seat heater only goes off when we leave the car. This is my third car in a row with heated seats. It is a must on any vehicle I will ever purchase in the future.

Heated seats are the best! So is a heated steering wheel. As soon as I start up the first things I turn on are the heated seat and wheel. When my wife is in the car the seat heater only goes off when we leave the car. This is my third car in a row with heated seats. It is a must on any vehicle I will ever purchase in the future.

I love heated seats, although I did survive without them in my Civic.

Looks phenomenal!

What steps/products did you use when polishing since the paint was in such good condition already?

Thanks.  I used CarPro Essence which is just a fine polish which is also a slight filler/ coating prep/ coating.  It's a unique product.

Awesome new car prep. And glad to see you got out of Honda, the A3 is a great car, even with a mild Stage 1 tune it makes a ton of power and is daily driver reliable!

Thanks, I miss having a manual, but the Audi is so much nicer.  Even stock 0-60 has been timed as low as 5.4