Customer Service 866.965.0400

2012 Traverse family beater

sahls01gmc

We bought our Traverse before our 3rd daughter was born.  It was 2 years old at the time, and was a rental vehicle in it's previous life.  That being said, I'm pretty sure it went through an automatic car wash 2 times a day for 2 years!

I forgot to take a picture with the spotlight, this pic doesn't show all of the swirls...only the straight line scratches:

Hood%20before_zpsjtm1eviy.jpg

Then after using my PC 7424XP (scored in my mystery box!) and orange pad first, followed by white.  Ended up doing 2 passes with the orange before it looked good enough.  There are now microfiber pads on my wishlist....

Hood%20after_zpstogtclqo.jpg

Completely eliminated the swirls and 90% of the scratches.  My wife thought I repainted the car, because the blue metallic flake never had this much pop before!  The after picture doesn't have any sealant or wax on it yet, and the picture was taken with my cell phone.  

Hopefully I can get some better pictures in the daylight that showcase this awesome color.  I'm not going for show car potential, but we definitely have the best looking rig wherever we go!  Hopefully I'll have some good before and afters of all of the corrections I have to make.  There's always new scuffs and scratches, and odd stains on the interior.  I'm still amazed to this day how much havoc kids can cause to a vehicle....and life in general!  And to think, I created these lil dream crushers.

Edited by sahls01gmc

Thanks everyone for the kind words!  So far I have only completed the hood.  I wanted the perfect flat surface to experiment with, and get my method down for the rest of the vehicle.  I'll be sure to post up as many pictures as I can, and hopefully the weather will start cooperating so I can do some of this work in the beautiful sunlight!  Also need to fill up some more shopping carts (or mystery boxes   :xfingers:) I've got 2 other vehicles that I'll do some write-ups on as well.

I also want to use this as a platform to explain how easy these products are to use!  If you were to have filmed me doing this, it would have looked EXACTLY like the videos Adam's has made.  Everything is super easy to use, and mistakes are easy to fix.  Got a lil product on a place you didn't want it?  Simple, just wipe it off!  All of these products are designed to make this experience enjoyable....and it way over-delivers on that!  Besides, I think I've caught myself spraying detail spray "accidentally" on my clothes so that I can smell them the rest of the day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update 4-25-16:

My wife convinced me to take Friday off of work to hang with her and my two youngest daughters.  I took her up on that since it would be a great way to get ready for our oldest daughter's softball tournament and out of town wedding.  After looking at my wife's car, I quickly shifted gears and said I will be getting the vehicle ready for the road trip this weekend.  Here's what I got it to look like after a 6 hour detail.

IMAG1955_zps0asf2kgz.jpg

Now, here's what we had to start with.

IMAG1941_zpsjspdpxwz.jpg

IMAG1940_zpscro2cspc.jpg

Every seat had to be shampoo'd (guess which ones needed a 2nd and 3rd round!). I'm amazed at what little kids can do to a vehicle while strapped into a single seat.  But everything came out extremely easy.  Seats are not stained, still just a lil wet from the shampoo when the photo was taken.

IMAG1943_zpsgamexb9e.jpg

IMAG1942_zpsue2vf0cl.jpg

IMAG1947_zpscvnlkfkw.jpg

This is one of the kid's doors.  Before it was completely covered in who knows what:

IMAG1944_zpsqujdpmrk.jpg

Up front wasn't too bad, typical DD dirt and grime.

IMAG1948_zpsxqcc20sd.jpg

My oldest got home from school just in time to help finish off the tires.  She then went inside and asked mom if there was any Banana Cream Pie because she was hungry:

IMAG1953_zpsh8xwvszd.jpg

Still waiting for the time to do a full correction on the outside.  

Edited by sahls01gmc

Thanks!  I agree, it's not my favorite.  But Adam's has definitely made it more enjoyable.  And that leather conditioner smell is intoxicating....I had to keep coming back!

I'm starting to do a full paint correction now, and it will have to be done in stages.  Unfortunately I only have about 3 hours each night in the garage while everyone else sleeps, so this will end up taking more hours than 1 continuous session.  Between getting supplies/equipment out, washing the section, polishing and putting everything away again it's definitely time consuming.  But the more I get into it, the more excited I am to see the progress! 

Here's the new Visco clay in action. This is just from the hood!

Visco_zpsohdme0it.jpg

These marks/scratches/scuffs are all over the vehicle.

IMAG1971_zps6ruwpc2m.jpg

IMAG1972_zpsdinvxlej.jpg

Progress!

Swirly_zpsbwhi5h7z.jpg

Forgot to take an after pic, but I definitely took the hood from a 4 to an 8, maybe even a 9.  It's only going to get beat up more with kids and traveling, so this already exceeds my expectations.  Maintaining will be much easier after this as well.

Hopefully can finish up the front half tonight.