Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless wash on a flat/matte gray motorcycle?

Coderedpl

Question

Hello everyone,

So I have a flat/matte gray motorcycle that obviously I like to keep clean, especially because when the matte gets scuffed or something, it's not as simple as polishing it. There's really no way out for that.

With that said, maintaining a matte finish is a headache of its own and I rather avoid giving the bike a full wash everytime it needs a cleaning.

So would using rinseless be a good idea to keep it up? Say when it's a bit dirtier than a simple dusting, such as after a ride in light rain?

7 answers to this question

Last I knew Rinseless Wash had some Wax Additive in it and you aren't supposed to use waxes on matte paint. I've done quite a few details on Black Matte Harley's and have always used Waterless Wash on them.

Now since I last heard Rinseless still had wax in it but that could have been removed in a reformulation.

^Jason is correct - Rinseless still has a wax additive, you'd want to use a product on matte that doesnt have gloss enhancement, so you are stuck with the RTU Waterless Wash - I also think the Glass Cleaner would work well on the matte finish as a spray and wipe.