Customer Service 866.965.0400

Inclement Weather Update - No Orders Shipping Today 3/23/2016

Hey Everyone,

A big snowstorm hit the area last night and is continuing this morning. FedEx contacted us to say that they unfortunately will not be picking up any orders today :(

What that means for you if you have one of the 400+ orders in our system, and the order is fairly large or heavy and would go out as FedEx, is that it will most likely ship out tomorrow or Friday instead.

We received a huge amount of orders for the 16th Anniversary Sale, and we truly thank you for that! We are working as quickly as possible to catch up on the orders from Monday and Tuesday!

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams  

Does FedEx know there are 400+ people chomping at the bit to receive their packages of sanity?!?

All good, looks like we are getting the after effects of that storm in KC tomorrow.  75 today, 40 tomorrow.  Gotta love the Midwest!

More important that everyone is safe!  We had some really bad windstorms recently and unfortunately the Camaro was in the drive way when 100 shingles flew off our roof.  Was way more damage to correct than I could with polishing.  Currently out being professionally sanded/repainted and all stripes replaced.  Thankful for good insurance coverage with only $100 deductible!

Do they need me to teach them how to put a set of chains on?  I've never been lucky enough to stay home and watch it snow.

When it was all done, there was about 2 feet of snow that fell in less than a day. Not everyone is prepared to handle that ;)

More important that everyone is safe!  We had some really bad windstorms recently and unfortunately the Camaro was in the drive way when 100 shingles flew off our roof.  Was way more damage to correct than I could with polishing.  Currently out being professionally sanded/repainted and all stripes replaced.  Thankful for good insurance coverage with only $100 deductible!

Wow, that's a bummer :( Hopefully it comes back better than ever! It gets extremely windy in my neighborhood (50+ mph gusts are normal) that were so kind to do some damage to the flashing and siding of my garage. Temporarily fixed for now.

I was! As a school age kid living in upstate New York.  :)

I used to drive up to Syracuse a lot for my old job. It was always interesting driving with snow piled up 4-5 feet on each side of the TBSS down some roads. Never got stuck once :lol: ​

I've always been curious about the logistics issues an Adam's sale creates. Does Team Adam's alert fedex ahead of time when you're running a sale? I imagine they have to send a large truck(or multiple regular size trucks) to pick up that many orders, and not one of the regular size fedex trucks I see running through the neighborhood or at work.

I'm pretty bummed...placed my order Monday and still has not shipped as of today.  I was looking forward to having my stuff for the weekend.  I get the snow storm...but, it seems like Adam's would prepare for the increased orders when having a sale.

Still love Adam's (have for a few years now)...but I am a little disappointed.

Just my $0.02.

When it was all done, there was about 2 feet of snow that fell in less than a day. Not everyone is prepared to handle that ;)

Fed Ex should be.  I know we got clobbered with a snow storm in December and it was around 2 feet that fell in a day.  I still finished the day.  And did all my pickups.  And I haven't heard of anything being delayed coming out of Denver on this side.  I always hear it when loads are missed due to weather.  Not one word.  And the volume shows it.   

I've always been curious about the logistics issues an Adam's sale creates. Does Team Adam's alert fedex ahead of time when you're running a sale? I imagine they have to send a large truck(or multiple regular size trucks) to pick up that many orders, and not one of the regular size fedex trucks I see running through the neighborhood or at work.

You would be surprised how much you can pack into one of those trucks if you know what your doing.  I remember years ago when I was a newbie, I did close to 1,100 pieces between pick up and delivery.  600 of that was pickup.  1 truck.  Using Dan's figure of 400+ pieces, I could fit that into a regular truck.  That is taking into account different shapes and sizes.  If you stack like this guy it won't fit.  Ton's of wasted space, IMO.

A lot of it too depends on the other pickups he may have.

post-706-0-07745900-1458876815_thumb.png

Using Dan's figure of 400+ pieces, I could fit that into a regular truck.  That is taking into account different shapes and sizes.  If you stack like this guy it won't fit.  Ton's of wasted space, IMO.

Is this something y'all compete about in the morning before you leave the shop? "yesterday I got 1200 pickups in my truck!" "Oh yeah, I got 1220, and 4 of them were TVs!" 

LOL 

Is this something y'all compete about in the morning before you leave the shop? "yesterday I got 1200 pickups in my truck!" "Oh yeah, I got 1220, and 4 of them were TVs!" 

LOL 

No.....Not sure how to take the comment.  It is common sense though that if you don't have to send another truck you make more profit.  And they do check for dead space when you return if you claim you can't contain a pickup.  

Edited by LFairbanks

I kind of chuckled when you critiqued his stacking ability. 

I seem to always find myself on teams who have a healthy amount of competition amongst ourselves ,sometimes without even realizing it. The other day before a meeting we were talking about the recent refresh of our ticketing system when two of the guys started running reports on had closed more tickets the week before. Thought maybe there was some similar competition amongst drivers. 

No disrespect intended. 

I kind of chuckled when you critiqued his stacking ability. 

I worked at the local UPS hub for 5 years.  Started as a 'loader', packing the 'pups' (small trailers) that went to the "local" delivery centers, and was required to keep a 600 packages per hour pace.  The pups hold about 1200 packages, so that means loading 1 1/2 pups on a 3 hour shift.  Making the best use of the space is very important, as Chris said, requiring a extra trailer/truck is expensive.  I moved up so part-time supervisor, and was a trainer load/unload for a few years.  

When we travel my wife is always amazed at how I am able to get all her stuff loaded in the trunk of the car.  And it made me a good Tetris player too! 

Fed Ex should be.  I know we got clobbered with a snow storm in December and it was around 2 feet that fell in a day.  I still finished the day.  And did all my pickups.  And I haven't heard of anything being delayed coming out of Denver on this side.  I always hear it when loads are missed due to weather.  Not one word.  And the volume shows it.   

I'm only reporting what happened. FedEx contacted us and said they could not make it to the facility on that day due to road conditions. Our lead shipping man Jason then informed the whole team and we reported out the issue as quickly as possible so that customers would be made aware.

You would be surprised how much you can pack into one of those trucks if you know what your doing.  I remember years ago when I was a newbie, I did close to 1,100 pieces between pick up and delivery.  600 of that was pickup.  1 truck.  Using Dan's figure of 400+ pieces, I could fit that into a regular truck.  That is taking into account different shapes and sizes.  If you stack like this guy it won't fit.  Ton's of wasted space, IMO.

A lot of it too depends on the other pickups he may have.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-24 at 9.32.06 PM.png

The 400+ pieces I mentioned were just what was left to catch up on from Monday evening and Tuesday orders and is only part of the 1250+ orders from the last 7 day total amount, not to mention many large wholesale orders. I just spoke with Chris a few seconds ago and he said they are caught up on all but 84 orders as of right now. So all orders should have went out either yesterday or will go out today (with the exception of those 84 that they're working on now), and we apologize for the delays. Our shipping team is working as quickly as possible.