Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel cleaner as paint decontamination

JDrach

Question

So I saw a video removing those hard to remove iron deposits or rail dust that is contaminating the paint of adams Suva. So I would assume it would strip any formuha@purduecal.edu of protection on it. It won't hurt the paint as long as it's on a cool surface and the cleaner doesn't dry. I wonder if this completely removes the need for claybar if it breaks down contaminants so easily. My guess is that if the car in need of a clay bar, the finish will still feel gritry, but the rail dust, fall-out, iron deposits will be eaten away. Thoughts?

13 answers to this question

On my 2016 Camaro that is just over a month old I am getting orange (Iron deposits?) spots. I have taken great care of it and have sealant as well as H20 G&G on it. I don't really want to strip off the protection I have just for a few orange spots but I do like taking it to car meet ups and having it look its best. 

My question is, in the video Adam said it will remove the sealants, is there another method to get those spots off without stripping protection? There are only a few but they still are preventing my white Camaro from looking its best and its driving me mad haha

Thanks!

I have used the old deep wheel cleaner 1:1 and it worked great, have not tried the new formula yet to see how it worked but the videos that Adam did showed great results. 

And yes you will need to reapply any protection as it will be stripped off. 

I have used the old deep wheel cleaner 1:1 and it worked great, have not tried the new formula yet to see how it worked but the videos that Adam did showed great results. 

And yes you will need to reapply any protection as it will be stripped off. 

Is the new formula 1:1 also or full strength for decon?

Video says full strength. Didn't realize the formula had changed enough to warrant going from 1:1 to full strength. makes me wonder if you can use Deep Wheel Cleaner full strength and not dilute it like the original video showed?