Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you stored your microfiber towels?

FordFocus897

Question

22 answers to this question

I store mine in plastic bins - I think they are Sterilite Ultra 18 QT.  They stack well and fit perfectly on my shelves.

Be sure anything you put in the bins is completely dry!

Just realized my photo is sideways, I like to keep lids locked as can't be knocked off by other garage users. Just don't put damp towels in locked containers.

I do the same with small totes. I intentionally dont snap the lids tight as I would like them to breath. However, I want the dust to stay out too.

Anyone have thoughts on ventilation?

Lol we are talking about making sure the towels can breathe HAH you gotta think about that for a second.

If the towels are damp, sure they need some airflow in order to finish drying and avoid condensation and mildew.

If they are completely dry then no worries, seal them up in the totes!

Lol we are talking about making sure the towels can breathe HAH you gotta think about that for a second.

If the towels are damp, sure they need some airflow in order to finish drying and avoid condensation and mildew.

If they are completely dry then no worries, seal them up in the totes!

This!

I don't let my towels breathe in their container.  I throw them in the dryer on no heat until 50-75% dry just to get rid of the water that can be shed while they are being tumbled.  Then I lay them out to air dry the rest of the way; once they feel thoroughly dry, I leave them out another day or so to be sure then fold and store them.

I only have a handful for now but I used to put them back inside the zip lock bags they came in. Now I just I recently bought a Sterilite plastic container to put them inside of, inside of their zip lock bags for extra protection haha.

I do the same with small totes. I intentionally dont snap the lids tight as I would like them to breath. However, I want the dust to stay out too.

Anyone have thoughts on ventilation?

Just drill 1/4" holes in the ends below the grab handles, allowing air in at both ends of the tote. Edited by FrozenWS6

Found a pretty beat up shelf at Goodwill last week (not near as nice as the one in the pic), added a little self-stick (plastic) chrome trim I had laying around the garage (for looks and to hide the damaged edges), some drawer liner and a few badges picked up at the Hot August Nights car swap meet in Reno. Perfect for easy access to my recently re-stocked collection of Adam's microfiber towels. 

post-14849-0-77780500-1477188434_thumb.png