Customer Service 866.965.0400

Diluting Adams Interior Detailer

delemanior

Question

I am wondering if anyone else has diluted the interior detailer. I find for most of my jobs I really do not need it full strength and it is a waste of product so I diluted it with a 2:1 ratio 16 oz interior detailer and 8 ounce distilled water. Hopefully this will help with less streaking on plastic painted pieces and other things, also make the product last longer. 

7 answers to this question

I'll have to try it out, but Interior Detailer is one of the few products where one bottle lasts me a LONG time. It took me almost 2 years to go through a full gallon, since I'm only using a spray or two into an Edgeless Utility Towel to wipe a fairly sizeable area, say half of a door panel or so.

On navigation screens, and gauge clusters, I'll use either our Glass Cleaner or Detail Spray, and for plastic painted pieces I will use Detail Spray on those as well. For gauges, you will want to make sure to spray into a towel rather than onto the glass/clear plastic itself to avoid having any spray drip onto the back side of the glass/clear plastic :)

Hey man if 1:1 works for you or even 1:2 that's great! I usually use fairly little for wipedowns on the interior and I mostly use Detail Spray for interior wipedowns personally.

Point is it's always nice to experiment and share so if diluting TID a bit is working well and making the product go farther for you that's great! Thanks for posting as it hasn't been covered here yet and sometimes Interior Detailer gets too much of a satin look for me (hence why I just spray and wipe with Detail Spray which gives a 100% natural look) but hearing this tip makes me want to experiment myself and revisit the ID!