Customer Service 866.965.0400

Daily Driver's Turn

Rich

I finally took today and hit the daily driver with a good detail. Started yesterday with a two bucket wash and then today I clayed the whole car with the new Visco Clay Bar and Detail Spray.  The clay works real well, but I found that when it gets cool, (it was around 55* here)  it stiffens up and is hard to get the impressions on it, so from time to time I had to take it inside and warm it up. That's my only issue with the new clay. I'm happy with how it works and it does a good job getting contaminants off. 

Next I broke out my little old PC and the new white pad and started with the finishing polish. Paint didn't need correcting, so this was fine.  Let me tell you. A few passes and that pad was BLACK!  Good thing I have extras!  Took a while to get the car looking good enough for wax, but finally I got there and used the new Americana Wax.

I've been using everything Adam's for around 12 years now including the old Americana, and this new blend is the BEST.  You figure, at 70 years old I'm not as fast as I used to be and some areas sat for a while with the Americana on it till I could get to it.  The old stuff you would have needed a chisel to get off. The new Americana wiped off like butter.  Fantastic job. 

I still have the wheels and windows to do, and the wife will tackle the interior, but the outside looks real good and I'm happy with the results. Check out the reflections in the pictures. Pretty good for a white car.

post-15-0-79504400-1462831748_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-56206400-1462831788_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-25693300-1462831853_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-85992700-1462831904_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-71536800-1462831945_thumb.jpg

Rich, the CTS looks great!

And glad to hear that the new version of Americana allows you some additional time before removal, as that means you could do a larger area like the quarter panels and roof line without worrying about it not coming off.  :2thumbs: 

Rich she looks real good......see you in a couple weeks.

Unless you mean GM Carlisle Chris I won't see you till Corvettes.  We'll be in Ocean City for the big show during the Grabiak's clinic.  We might make GM if the weather's decent.  Usually decide the day before. 

Very nice work, Rich! That pearl looks good!

Not a pearl at all. It's a metallic white called Diamond White. But I can see where you'd think it was pearl.  Crazy color.  Actually looks beige in some light, and pink in others!  Thanks for the nice comment. 

Rich nice work on that boss Caddy. You ain't kidding man the new Americana goes on and off like butter and you don't have to worry about leaving it on too long. I've left it for a few hours and still removes effortlessly. One of the best Adams LSP's to remove by hand by far.

I got it on amazon Adams use to sell it it's called Luxor(ms21-B) mechanics seat it went for $78.83 it's great for doing wheels and for storing bottles and towels it doesn't come with the bottle holders I got that on a place called jax wax that was 34.68 with shipping

Edited by buffalobob920