Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rupes mini nano long neck

buffalobob920

Question

8 answers to this question

I have only tried the long neck, and would think it would be the most useful.  If you have very tight areas, maybe consider the short neck - maybe on a motorcycle around the fairing, etc.

This subject comes up a lot lately, and personally after logging many hours with both versions my loyalty is with the short neck. The polisher is easier to control in awkward applications (which are common when using the nano in the areas its best suited for). Both versions are identical in height from pad face to the spindle lock, so no advantage for the long there, but it does have reach - so picture trying to polish into the barrel of a wheel with the wheel still on the car, but thats a rather odd scenario.

If its my money I'd buy short and I've probably logged more hours with this thing than anyone in the US aside from my coworkers. Early on I would have leaned towards long as well - but that additional length, while an advantage of reach, does so with some loss of precision (if that makes sense)

Thanks for the info Dylan. I wish I had seen this earlier! I actually just got mine today. Haven't cracked open the box yet though. Wonder if I should exchange it. I think I see what you are saying. If I am correct in my assumption, it is due in large part to the distance between your hand and where the head of the polisher is. The longer the distance the less touch/control you have. Is there any benefit to placing a guide hand at or near the head of the nano? Obviously adding no diownward pressure there.