Customer Service 866.965.0400

paint removal

xlr8rvette

Question

4 answers to this question

As others have suggested, always try clay first.  It's the least invasive/safest method, but I will tell you based on experience, it depends on what type of paint it is.  Latex house paint, oil based house paint, highway paint, over spray from industrial/commercial office building type paint will all behave slightly differently and to make it even more tricky, it depends on how long it has had to sit there and cure.  

Go slow and be patient.  Just when you think it's not going to work, the little dot will magically disappear and you can move on to the next one.  At least you only have 20 or so little dots.  I've been doing quite a few cars lately that have had over spray on the entire car!  Glass, rubber, plastic......you name it, it was covered with it.  

Here is a recent one:

https://www.facebook.com/oddsandendsdetailing/posts/1144295208938713

Go slow and be patient.  Just when you think it's not going to work, the little dot will magically disappear and you can move on to the next one.  At least you only have 20 or so little dots.  I've been doing quite a few cars lately that have had over spray on the entire car!  Glass, rubber, plastic......you name it, it was covered with it.  

So true Darryl!  I have done several overspray jobs, and you work that spot for 5 minutes and say to yourself "OK only 5 more swipes" and it is gone in 3!