Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O guard and gloss clear coat damage?

Washed my family car using the Adams Shampoo after rinsing it off sprayed the car with detail spray and began using h2o on the hood. Due note it was a solid 98 degrees out with high humidity. After spraying I quickly wiped the hood off and noticed a weird looking spot that looked like gum. However there was nothing of the sort there while I was washing. I tried a side panel and got the same result in another small spot. Now I have two questions 1. Is this product prone to burning through clear coat if used in the heat? Also, will the only way to fix this be by reprinting? See the images below.

post-14610-0-14998200-1466903085_thumb.jpeg

post-14610-0-14144700-1466903097_thumb.jpeg

Curious why you used detail spray first?

G&G is supposed to go on wet car.

Watched the daily driver video awhile back and didn't rematch before using G&G. It may be a chemical reaction with the detail spray that caused it to eat the clear coat. The car was wet when I applied both detail spray and G&G. Doubt claybarring will do anything but exposed the paint similar to the first image.

Almost looks like bird droppings that eat through as etching. Is that primer showing or maybe etching in the clear coat? I would try clay bar then Revive polish first and if it starts to come up then maybe use a PC or Flex with paint correcting polish and see what that does.

Watched the daily driver video awhile back and didn't rematch before using G&G. It may be a chemical reaction with the detail spray that caused it to eat the clear coat. The car was wet when I applied both detail spray and G&G. Doubt claybarring will do anything but exposed the paint similar to the first image.

There is nothing in DS or HGG that would react together to cause damage to the clear coat, and there is nothing in HGG that would cause damage either.

For the spot in the first photo it looks like clear coat etching from a bird dropping, but try some IPA to clean it off, when the surface is cool and not in the sun.

For the second photo it looks like that is the primer, so I would guess that there was an underlying issue, perhaps corrosion under the paint, and the combination of high temps, washing, and wiping the products made the paint pop off.

Almost looks like bird droppings that eat through as etching. Is that primer showing or maybe etching in the clear coat? I would try clay bar then Revive polish first and if it starts to come up then maybe use a PC or Flex with paint correcting polish and see what that does.

Not bird poo. Clay bar didn't work. The clear coat for some reason was eaten up. The first picture above was after trying to wipe the gum look off leaving a pot hole in the clear coat. The second was a let me see what happened attempt which happened again after spraying the G&G on it. Leaving the gummed up look there. See different angles of the above images below after trying to clay it.

post-14610-0-67298200-1466962560_thumb.jpeg

post-14610-0-94603700-1466962594_thumb.jpeg

The entire rest of car has no issues. Just those spots?

I personally think something else did the damage and just turned up during the wash process. Cant imagine G&G or detail spray or the combination of the two could do anything to paint.

Did you buy the car used?  There is absolutely no way that anything Adams caused that.  I have been using his products on all of my vehicles for around 13 years and have never had an issue with any of it.  

That "gum" as you describe it almost looks like some sort of cheap fix that come back to haunt.  

Spray both the detail spray and GG on your hands and tell me if you get a reaction.  Because if you don't feel anything on your hands it definitely isn't going to eat thru your paint.  Let alone a hole in a body panel.  I already know the answer to my question as I don't use gloves for any of it.  

Edited by LFairbanks

Did you buy the car used?  There is absolutely no way that anything Adams caused that.  I have been using his products on all of my vehicles for around 13 years and have never had an issue with any of it.  

That "gum" as you describe it almost looks like some sort of cheap fix that come back to haunt.  

Spray both the detail spray and GG on your hands and tell me if you get a reaction.  Because if you don't feel anything on your hands it definitely isn't going to eat thru your paint.  Let alone a hole in a body panel.  I already know the answer to my question as I don't use gloves for any of it.

No the car was not purchased used.

There was no issues with the paint before the wash.

I have also been purchasing Adams products since 2007 and never had a problem but how long I have been using their products is irrelevant. The fact is I received my new purchase of products which my mystery box came with guard and gloss. I proceeded to do the daily wash from the Adams video from memory but instead of just using the detail spray with clay without drying I sprayed it on after I gave the car a rinse after clays get it. I sprayed the G&G on the hood and noticed it once I got to that area. I then sprayed the drivers side side panel and immediately noticed it do it again there.

So telling me there is no way an Adams product could do this is pointless because I watched it do this. I love their products and this is the first time I have had any issues with their products. So your response is not helping me or anyone out there thinking to buy this product.

Like I stated in the original post: is this there an issue using this in hot temperatures and do I need to have these panels repainted?

The entire rest of car has no issues. Just those spots?

I personally think something else did the damage and just turned up during the wash process. Cant imagine G&G or detail spray or the combination of the two could do anything to paint.

I can't either but there was nothing other than detail spray and G&G. It was mid day and very hot out.

In you photo it looks like a dried glob of g+g.You mentioned very high temps.I would at least try some alcohol on a mf towel.you will have to reapply your protection in those spots but no danger.Just do it on a cool panel in the shade.It's worth a shot .

Edited by 1911A1

Just yesterday I washed my wife's car when it was cloudy. Sun came out just before applying G&G. Sun was intense and I felt the surface getting quite hot. I worked fast and G&G had no ill effects on the paint. You said it's not helping but gotta say it anyway: The Detail Spray and G&G did not cause your issues. They may have EXPOSED the issues but did not CAUSE the issues.

Good luck!

Have used detail spray and H2o together in very hot sunny, and cold cloudy weather, there is no way the combination could have caused this issue. I don't think any combination of Adams paint products could cause this.

Have you had any brake work done on the car recently ? Brake fluid is the only thing I have ever seen eat through clearcoat like that. 

Could be any number of things. G&G or Detail Spray would not have caused this. But I wonder what else was on the paint prior to the wash. This is clearly some form of chemical damage. That much is certain. But what chemical? My vote is some sort of hydraulic fluid (brake, transmission, etc).

No the car was not purchased used.

There was no issues with the paint before the wash.

I have also been purchasing Adams products since 2007 and never had a problem but how long I have been using their products is irrelevant. The fact is I received my new purchase of products which my mystery box came with guard and gloss. I proceeded to do the daily wash from the Adams video from memory but instead of just using the detail spray with clay without drying I sprayed it on after I gave the car a rinse after clays get it. I sprayed the G&G on the hood and noticed it once I got to that area. I then sprayed the drivers side side panel and immediately noticed it do it again there.

So telling me there is no way an Adams product could do this is pointless because I watched it do this. I love their products and this is the first time I have had any issues with their products. So your response is not helping me or anyone out there thinking to buy this product.

Like I stated in the original post: is this there an issue using this in hot temperatures and do I need to have these panels repainted?

You 'watched' it do this? Tell you what, call Adam's and speak with one of their reps. I am fairly CERTAIN they will want the remainder of your bottle of G&G for testing. Call Adam's. They are your best resource at this point.

Edited by PHOKUS

Such BS and you should be ashamed of yourself coming on here trying to blame DS and GG for that crap.

Thank you for such insightful help. I wouldn't be on here if it hadn't happened. I'm asking for solutions not poor attempts at criticsm hence my original post asking is there an issue with G&G at high temps. And will the paint need to be redone because the gum up is the clear coat with G&G.

Just yesterday I washed my wife's car when it was cloudy. Sun came out just before applying G&G. Sun was intense and I felt the surface getting quite hot. I worked fast and G&G had no ill effects on the paint. You said it's not helping but gotta say it anyway: The Detail Spray and G&G did not cause your issues. They may have EXPOSED the issues but did not CAUSE the issues.

Good luck!

Possibly? I gave the vehicle a wash, clay, Polish and wax with all Adams products except the wax that was used was p21s concours carnauba. But I washed and Clayed the car before G&G.

5 total posts on the forums and all of them complaining.........seems legit.

You are just a bundle of help aren't you. Troll on friend I'm looking for answers to actual questions.