Customer Service 866.965.0400

Maintaining Xzilon on interior

illinois9er

Question

8 answers to this question

Just on the inside, or outside too?  If it's just inside you won't need the Leather Cleaner for a while unless your car is really dirty inside.  The Leather Conditioner is great on the seats and even any vinyl you have on your doors and dash.  And it smells great!!  It won't hurt the protection.  VRT works great on dash knobs, gear shifts and boot, etc.  And the glass cleaner will keep the windows looking invisible.

As for exterior, you can use any of Adam's products safely on it.   

So in other words........... just have fun detailing and don't worry about a thing.

Just on the inside, or outside too?  If it's just inside you won't need the Leather Cleaner for a while unless your car is really dirty inside.  The Leather Conditioner is great on the seats and even any vinyl you have on your doors and dash.  And it smells great!!  It won't hurt the protection.  VRT works great on dash knobs, gear shifts and boot, etc.  And the glass cleaner will keep the windows looking invisible.

As for exterior, you can use any of Adam's products safely on it.   

So in other words........... just have fun detailing and don't worry about a thing.

Yeah I had the outside of the car done too. I just don't want to remove the Xzilon with using the wrong products on it.

Lol I hope you didn't pay that much extra for that dealer installed Paint Sealant

I would have paid for a pro coating like OC, CQ, etc from a reputable detailer if anything.....

By saying "if anything" it sounds like you are inferring that I paid retail for it lol. I'll just say that I got the hook up and got it washed, buffed and the Xzilon done inside and out for $125.

And its nothing more than a paint sealant for the outside and a UV protectant for the inside IMO  - I'm glad you didn't overpay, but treat it as that and maintain with your regular detailing products is my opinion - You still want to clay bar your vehicle and seal it every 3-6 months to protect from contaminants and UV exposure - on the inside I would use the interior cleaner and Leather Conditioner every 2 months and do wipedowns in between with Interior

The way the brand name is thrown around it just implies its something special and unless I see chemical proof that it is, I would treat it like a typical wax/sealant job on the outside and a UV protectant on the inside.

I have a large problem with anything that comes up as being sold at car dealerships as a POS product when you are in the F&I dept signing the paperwork - and the legitimacy of said product being nothing more than snake oil compared to the Meg's wax or Armor All you get on the shelf at Wally World.

Edited by Ricky Bobby