Customer Service 866.965.0400

Done with black

BluePoncho

Well not really but I have finally ended my love hate relationships with black vehicles. Just picked up a white frost Sierra Denali. The days of sweating over the small imperfections On black are over.

Edited by TheWolf
misleading thread title

I've owned several black cars and feel your pain! Nothing looks better than a black car fully corrected and shining. Keeping it that way, as you know, is another story. I now have a white car and although its better at hiding imperfections you will see things like darker dirt and road spray you didn't see on a black car. I guess white is the lesser of two evils!

People always think White is easy but it does tend to look really flat and lifeless when dirty. It does hide swirls better but in some ways it is really hard to detail. Especially putting on and taking off product, it can get really hard to see where you stopped or started. But when done it can really pop.

DSC_2189-L.jpg

Edited by Bill-V8V

Got rid of my black Vette and now have 2 white cars.  And whoever said that white is easy is NUTS!  If you miss ANYTHING it shows up.  Edges around the protective film show up.  Dust shows up..  Everything.  My son in law just bought a new Explorer in white and also has a black F250.  HIs comment to me was "I wish I would have picked a different color.  My black is less work".  

But in all honesty, the same dirt gets on the cars no matter what color. 

Congrats on the new ride!!  

People always think White is easy but it does tend to look really flat and lifeless when dirty. It does hide swirls better but in some ways it is really hard to detail. Especially putting on and taking off product, it can get really hard to see where you stopped or started. But when done it can really pop.

DSC_2189-L.jpg

I agree 100%, my wife's Durango looks dull and blah if it's not clean.

I stay away from Red & Black cars .. I learned many years ago those colors make me nuts!  :willy:

I had 3 white cars and they were always the easiest to take care of.  Adams products make my white POP! People even say I never see white Pop like your G8. 

Love my White Hot G8 ..cannot wait to get the White Hot Chevy SS. 

post-1598-0-66733900-1467595136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mongosg8

I stay away from Red & Black cars .. I learned many years ago those colors make me nuts!  :willy:

I had 3 white cars and they were always the easiest to take care of.  Adams products make my white POP! People even say I never see white Pop like your G8. 

Nows the time!

20% off!

Dan used his time to go spend his hard earned money it sounds like. I guess he can add a new project to his list and give us a nice step by step forum display of steps to detailing the new ride lol. I guess he could possibly be a touch busy these days however. Show us some pics Dan nobody likes a tease

Nice G8!

My first car was white, and have a soft side for white. Last 2 cars been bright Red and think there not to bad to keep clean.

Have had several blacks and wife current car is Black.. ugh She had to have it lol  Hate cleaning it. Adams makes it little easier though.

Next car will most likely be White again.

Nice G8!

My first car was white, and have a soft side for white. Last 2 cars been bright Red and think there not to bad to keep clean.

Have had several blacks and wife current car is Black.. ugh She had to have it lol  Hate cleaning it. Adams makes it little easier though.

Next car will most likely be White again.

Thanks Jimmy, 

I have been a huge fan of your G8 for a long time on the forums. Perfect example of what Red should like like on a car.

Plus its one of the sexiest and cleanest modded G8s I've seen. You and Charlies (RIP) GRRRR8

My wife just seen the picture of your G8 and she goes .."wow ..now thats a beautiful G8"  lol! She likes Red

GXP or just a swapped front clip? Nice car BTW!

Spring AutoFair 2016

GXP or just a swapped front clip? Nice car BTW!

Thank you and your G8 looks really nice ..& clean! 

Just the front fascia ..G8 was 2 weeks old and a 80 year old man backed into my GTs fascia cracking it a 2mph.  The dealer ended up ordering me the GXP fascia to replace it. They only charged me 300 bucks back then. 

Edited by Mongosg8

Thank you and your G8 looks really nice ..& clean! 

Just the front fascia ..G8 was 2 weeks old and a 80 year old man backed into my GTs fascia cracking it a 2mph.  The dealer ended up ordering me the GXP fascia to replace it. They only charged me 300 bucks back then. 

Some people have all the luck!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I never bought a new car until a month ago and always did used so when I was looking I made sure I didn't want black because its the devil but heaven when its clean and I wanted something I could still shine up and get the best of everything. Including hiding scratches. I went with a darker gray.