Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dealer service department wash

Audog

Car went in for routine service today, when I went to pick it up they told me they usually wash and "detail" the car. Said mine was better than their guys do, so they didn't touch it???? Service writer asked what I use to keep it so nice, in and outside. Told him Adams, he had never heard of Adams, so was going to go online tonight. Think I will take him some detail spray and buttery wax. It's nice to hear that one's efforts are noticed.

Car went in for routine service today, when I went to pick it up they told me they usually wash and "detail" the car. Said mine was better than their guys do, so they didn't touch it Service writer asked what I use to keep it so nice, in and outside. Told him Adams, he had never heard of Adams, so was going to go online tonight. Think I will take him some detail spray and buttery wax. It's nice to hear that one's efforts are noticed.

A blind chimp can do a better job than the dealer, I was at a BMW center today to visit my brother and every car went thru the Swirl O Matic and was dried with a squeege. There was one car with a "hand wash only" sign on it and they used a telescoping handled pole with some sort of brush, it was a joke. Yes Adams makes great products but it's the love you out into it that makes the difference.

Also dealers are told to placate to guys like us, they literally think we are over the top crazy people.

Edited by vobro

• 1 month later...

A blind chimp can do a better job than the dealer, I was at a BMW center today to visit my brother and every car went thru the Swirl O Matic and was dried with a squeege. There was one car with a "hand wash only" sign on it and they used a telescoping handled pole with some sort of brush, it was a joke. Yes Adams makes great products but it's the love you out into it that makes the difference.

Also dealers are told to placate to guys like us, they literally think we are over the top crazy people.

And being one of those "crazy wash freaks" while being a dealer porter/car wash makes me look like a nut job for trying to care. Some people understand, like a porter like me. But honestly were not allowed to care like the consumer. Just goes to show how my 18 year old car looks better than most successful 1 year old car. I would be the same way, especially knowing how things work behind the scenes at a dealership.

And being one of those "crazy wash freaks" while being a dealer porter/car wash makes me look like a nut job for trying to care. Some people understand, like a porter like me. But honestly were not allowed to care like the consumer. Just goes to show how my 18 year old car looks better than most successful 1 year old car. I would be the same way, especially knowing how things work behind the scenes at a dealership.

I hear you. I have been working as a tech for the last 19 years. And all on German high line companies. I have seen car washers accidentally add APC to the car wash soap- both were the same red color. Only way I noticed it was that it had a cinnamon scent to it, and that meant APC. The routinely use the push broom bristle brush to scrub the sides and roofs of vehicles. 

Luckily due to the gross use of chemicals and the tightening of the budget, the car washers only get car soap. But hte detail crew gets access to all the other chemicals. But those guys are alright. The take pride in getting the cars out looking good. 

• 4 months later...

The first thing I tell the dealership when I drop my truck off for service is "don't wash my truck!"

THIS ^^^

In fact, I just bought a new car back in November and I even told them don't even do the new car prep. I told them I'd fill out all their critiques and all positively, but don't touch my car.  Took me two days on a brand new car to get it to my standards.  But at least being brand new, the "foundation" was a great starting point, so it was an easy two days.