Customer Service 866.965.0400

difference between griots and adams products

tonymix17

Question

like the title says has anyone been a long time user or user at all of griots products? can any one explain to me like the consumers why adams products are so expensive? besides "they're great"! i was looking at products from both companies and they're consumers are loyal to the brand but griots its much much cheaper than adams but seems that the products do the same thing. thoughts???

23 answers to this question

Back story could be wrong on the Griots side but from what I understand Griots was made by a rich guy ti sell and is generally geared more toward making money and not the quality point of view. Adam's was obviously made by Adam from the ground up and is more focused on ease of use (and that it works) as well as customer service.

Don't take this the wrong way but at this stage in detailing I don't look at the price like I used to. I would pour through 3-4 different websites looking for the "best deal". And while I do sometimes order from another site, the majority of my purchases are from Adam's. I'm sure Griot's makes fine products but I'm too deeply invested here to jump ship. Ask a Griot's user and they would probably say the same thing about them.

P.S. don't get me wrong, I still wait until there's a sale or a flat shipping sale but I'm not going to order from a bunch of places to try to save a few dollars.

Edited by chops1sc

I agree. You can always find cheaper products, but you can always find more expensive as well.  I found that Adam's is nearly right on par with some of the most expensive products on the market as far as performance, but at a much lower price.  But I learned by inexperience that 90% or more of the cheaper products aren't worth their packaging. You can get some decent results from the two big M companies, and even Griots as long as you're not looking for perfection.

What I find with Griots is that they sell some products, but they sell a LOT of other stuff like shelves and junk.  I like that Adam's sticks with detailing products 95%. Yeah, they sell some kitchy stuff like banners or t shirts or air fresheners. But I think that's only because we all ask them for it.  

I'm sticking with Adam's.  I'm real happy with the way my cars look and I get a ton of compliments. 

There's more to consider than price and quality. There's sevice, honesty and integrity to name few. I don't personally know anyone from Griots but I do know several people from Adams, both past and present. And I can say this. When it comes to service, honesty and integrity, you will not find a better group of people. Period.

Also, the made in the USA is a huge difference. Personally, I'm big on not just buying US made products but US made products manufactured by US companies. In other words, I don't consider a Toyota Camry to be American just because it's made in Tennessee! In short, American products cost more and that's one of the reason there is a slight difference in price between Adams and elsewhere.

I'm new to this market.  I chose Adams because it appears to be the most simple system.  It also appears that the Adams team is receptive its customers.  I love the videos and the info that I have learned on this site.  

As for price.  Adams is a few dollars more than a few others that I have come across.  But I keep hearing that Adams has the best service.  I made a big order a week ago.  A pad was missing.  I emailed Adams what happened and had the pad one week later.  No questions.  My first purchase was 3 MB's about one month ago.  I got over $100 of free stuff when I calculated it out.  No other company does stuff like that.  So I feel like i got a great value with the money that I've spent so far.  

And like Fierce5 said, buying American is important to me as well.  

The people at Adams (and this forum) are really helpful in everything detailing. Don't be surprised to see Adam himself answering a message on the forum and answering their phones (happened to me one random call in and he stayed on with me for 20 min or answering all the questions and getting me setup with everything I needed). That kind of care to customer service is worth the small Adams premium.

Edited by Mazzdog

I too like Chris used to go through many websites looking for the best deal for xyz product.  I came to learn very quickly that the best deal is often times not worth the money spent on it. Not only that but i have found that you need to use more of the cheaper products to get almost similar results to the higher quality stuff. For example Griots' detail spray doesn't even begin to compare with Adams,  yes it is more affordable but not by much and it definitely does not help with the ease of detail job whatever it might be. The results are not the same and the time spent isn't either.  I do think that once you get into the products of one company it is hard to leave it as Chris also pointed out, which is why you need to choose carefully what company you invest in.

I speak from personal experience because I chose another company and am now transitioning over to Adams because of the excellent quality of products, the even better ease of use and on top of everything else the unmatched customer service.  All of these things are important for me when it comes to my detailing products. It really just depends on what is important to you when it comes to detailing your car. 

Best of luck with whatever you chose to use brother! Sorry to ramble a bit haha.  :)

Adams' ethical approach to business has a lot to do with my purchasing from them. 

Recent example? Tire and Rubber Cleaner. A brand new product form Slick's Shine Shop and I'd be waiting, and waiting for posts to confirm it really does work. Then I'd buy a small amount and hope for the best. With Adams, I ASSUME it will work and in the extremely unlikely event it doesn't, Adams would do right by me. 

So I bought the Tire and Rubber Cleaner kit very soon after release with 16 OZ, a gallon, and a brush. Bam! First use and the stuff is everything Adams said it was!  :)

You will never get the customer service anywhere else ..Adams top notch products with a service guarantee that backs it up! Made in America. Cant get better than that! 

Edited by Mongosg8

I prefer not to be 'brand loyal' to any one brand/product line/manufacturer.  I came to this forum to learn about Adams products, get some honest reviews, and maybe try some of their stuff.  My detailing shelf started with Meguiars, then added Griots, Chemical Guys, Zymol, Blackfire, 3D, and DoDo Juice.  Depending on what I need and what reviews I get, I will likely get some Adams stuff in the future.  

One thing I will say about Griots....everything I've bought from them has worked as advertised, and has been very high quality.  Their customer service has been very responsive, and I love the fact that their 6" polisher comes with a lifetime warranty.   

The one thing I have found with Adams is the uncomplicated product line. They sell everything you need and no more.  So there is little confusion with the products they offer.

It all works together and they are good at educating you on how to use it. No one has ever made detailing more simple.

My only experience with Griot's is their bag which I haul my Adams stuff for shows around in. I only bought it because it did not appear the Adams bag would hold bottles with spray nozzles. As it turned out it was the right choice as it has a bottle compartment I can stuff my tuning devices in.

Honestly, the customer service is 2nd to none. My last order I placed, I paid for 2 day shipping, but when it was sent out, they sent it normal shipping. I e-mailed their customer service, and they next day shipped my exact same order, so I would have it there when my original order was supposed to be there, no questions asked. I will be an Adam's lifer specifically for their customer service. The fact their products are awesome is obviously a big factor as well, but customer service and Made in the USA are the reasons I will always use their products.

Quality - Ease of use - Service - Made in USA

Not necessarily in that order but those are my 4 top answers.

you should be more specific with this answer.....as in not everything is mad in USA...

The one thing I have found with Adams is the uncomplicated product line. They sell everything you need and no more.  So there is little confusion with the products they offer.

It all works together and they are good at educating you on how to use it. No one has ever made detailing more simple.

This! is why I only use Adams, ease of use and each product compliments the other and if you have questions, comments or problems with any of the products or orders you can make a phone call and actually speak with a human that is knowledgeable with all of the products and can take care of any issues. 

-Jason

you should be more specific with this answer.....as in not everything is mad in USA...

I was just about to post this. Yes, the majority is made in the USA but Adam specifically reported he is moving to more products made outside the US for good business reasons. I will stick with Adams because I know only the best will be sold regardless where it is manufactured.