Customer Service 866.965.0400

BMW Paint Correction

I've needed to do this for a long time now, but with being so busy with customer's vehicles, it's hard to find time.  Well, yesterday I finally had time, so I did a much needed paint correction on my wife's BMW.  The paint was pretty bad, as it had a lot of spider webbing.  The previous owner obviously did not know the proper way to wash a vehicle.  I used the Adams paint correcting polish with the new gen. 6 matching orange pad.  Since the car is black, I probably need to follow it up with the Adams finishing polish with matching white pad, but honestly, the paint correcting polish finished down extremely well.  One thing I do have to say is that BMW clear-coat is hard, and I mean hard.  Most of my corrections have been done on GM and Dodge's, and the clear coat on them has been much softer.  Still, it was nothing the Adams paint correcting polish couldn't handle.  It just took a little more time working the paint with the dual action.  Anyway, here are some pictures of the finished product. 

post-14597-0-40876600-1469206204_thumb.jpg

post-14597-0-93105400-1469206214_thumb.jpg

post-14597-0-86895800-1469206228_thumb.jpg

post-14597-0-69532700-1469206237_thumb.jpg

Car came out great.

BMW clear is definitely a hard clear.  My experience with GM clear is that it's relatively hard too, but not nearly as hard as BMW clear.  My step-dad has a M6 in Black Sapphire Metallic that we need to get polished.

Thanks guys!  The BMW clear was by far harder than anything I've worked with before.  Over the weekend, while I had it out in direct sunlight, I noticed I need to go back over the trunk lid area again.  The rest of the car looked flawless. 

• 2 weeks later...