Customer Service 866.965.0400

First detail on the new ride.

zapdon

UPDATED: nice desert photo shoot on sheet 2.

Traded my Jeep in for a 2016 Camaro SS with the 2ss package one week ago. Dealer was want to buy our $700 sealant, I showed him a picture of my detailing cart and he said yeah you don't want that hahahaha. Paint is called mosaic black and has gold flakes in it.

So this past Saturday did my first detail on her.
Started by cleaning wheels and tires using wheel cleaner and rubber and tire cleaner. Then foam gunned the car, followed by a 2 bucket washed, then dried.

Did clay bar test with plastic bag to see how it was. I figured it would need to be clayed, but was surprised how bad it really was. Guess it makes sense sitting out in lot and transport. So clayed whole car.

Then applied paint sealant to whole car including glass, wheels. Then followed up with patriot.

20160724_074321_zpsnrbmx6z7_edit_1469453

20160724_074309_zpsczpvq4fq_edit_1469454

20160723_161745_zpsk1qf58tf_edit_1469454

20160723_161717_zpst5lwctfq_edit_1469454
20160723_161732_zpsk60lpsfn_edit_1469454

Reflection shots

20160723_142034_zpsr17cwhjq_edit_1469454

20160723_142704_zpslo1llztp.jpg

20160724_074339_zpsziqs31zk.jpg

20160723_161905_zpswiw3qkso.jpg

Edited by zapdon

:o  Awesome car! Any plans for wheels or other changes?

I am thinking right off the bat at doing a paint matching front splitter and some bronze wheels in due time. Engine wise I want to enjoy my warranty for while and still need to finish my gto (heads and fast intake). I quickly photoshopped the shade of bronze I want. It was the first side profile of the color I want so styling will change. Then I can put 305s in the rear and 275s up front. Might even powder coat the current wheels for time being. will drop it like an inch eventually too.

Note072216_1_0-1_zpshlc3tapn.jpg

Note072216_03-1_zpswcwcvfu8.jpg

Edited by zapdon

That looks amazing brother,

I was looking at a Camaro as well as an SS, for my Chevy options, not sure which one I like more (I know they aren't the same but they are similar).  Feel free to post about how much you like it! Nicely done though that looks amazing!  :wub:

That looks amazing brother,

I was looking at a Camaro as well as an SS, for my Chevy options, not sure which one I like more (I know they aren't the same but they are similar).  Feel free to post about how much you like it! Nicely done though that looks amazing!  :wub:

yeah i was actually looking at a SS as well and knew everything about the car. wanted that because it was more pratical and i still have my gto. here in Phoenix after the 20% off sell there was not a single one to be had in the entire city and only 349  2016s remained in the lower 48. Went and test drived the camaro and fell in love. it gets up and goes. Not to mention it has newer technology  in the drivetrain with the lt1 motor and 8 speed auto (same as c7). new alpha platform as well. also good ratings in gas mileage and has no gas guzzler tax. 19 city and 28 highway. of coarse that was not the decision maker. i love everything about the car. interior, exterior and power. kind of glad the ss's were sold out hahahah

Edited by zapdon

yeah i was actually looking at a SS as well and knew everything about the car. wanted that because it was more pratical and i still have my gto. here in Phoenix after the 20% off sell there was not a single one to be had in the entire city and only 349  2016s remained in the lower 48. Went and test drived the camaro and fell in love. it gets up and goes. Not to mention it has newer technology  in the drivetrain with the lt1 motor and 8 speed auto (same as c7). new alpha platform as well. also good ratings in gas mileage and has no gas guzzler tax. 19 city and 28 highway. of coarse that was not the decision maker. i love everything about the car. interior, exterior and power. kind of glad the ss's were sold out hahahah

I really do like the new camaro as well, I read somewhere that it has the ATS chassis, not sure if they were talking about the new model or an older one.  How bad is the blind spot issue, I have heard a bunch of complaints about that, is it really as bad? Because I think these people are exaggerating. 

I really do like the new camaro as well, I read somewhere that it has the ATS chassis, not sure if they were talking about the new model or an older one.  How bad is the blind spot issue, I have heard a bunch of complaints about that, is it really as bad? Because I think these people are exaggerating.

Yeah not bad at all. It has the blinds pot alerts in the side mirrors that light up when a car is in your blind spot. Plus I adjusted my mirrors the correct way to show the blindspots. Definitely not an issue for me.

Yeah not bad at all. It has the blinds pot alerts in the side mirrors that light up when a car is in your blind spot. Plus I adjusted my mirrors the correct way to show the blindspots. Definitely not an issue for me.

I kind of figured that it would have the blindspot sensor when you mentioned new technology. That's pretty awesome man, definitely interested in getting one, also looking at the charger as well, would even consider a challenger because of the manual transmission option that I don't think the charger has. I am definitely leaning more towards muscle not import for my next car though.  ;)

• 2 months later...

Well have not posted any pics of the camaro since  I bought her and did her first detail.. Threw on a coat of buttery wax this past weekend (decided to use this instead of my patriot because i plan on doing a full detail sometime in dec and did not want to waste my patriot and was going to a car show and wanted that extra shine.).  Also used the wheel cleaner, tire shine, glass cleaner and detail spray to help make her shine. Also took some pics with both cars clean.
I
20161014_175702_zpsrdtjfiwj.jpg

20161014_175634_zpsaa7j3xwb.jpg

20161014_163430_zpsuq5gvlv3.jpg
2016-10-06_06-12-04_zps09h5l0ig.jpg
2016-10-17_08-13-01_zpsamhma6pi.jpg
2016-10-17_08-13-18_zpsqw9rxpjl.jpg
2016-09-28_12-13-38_zpsbryrfpdl.jpg
2016-09-28_12-13-26_zpsmlqyhsyt.jpg
2016-10-17_08-12-46_zpsqaa6bqzr.jpg

Edited by zapdon

Don't tempt me! lol I am struggling enough as it is. I kind of want to wait for the final edition of the ss since they said it would come with the engine of the previous gen zl1s/ cts-v's. But I haven't hear anything else about it. 

thats a rumor that most likley won't make its way to the us. might have to move down under for that one.

Great Job looks amazing, I have something to look forward to when i get a chance to use my wax   :)

Thx, and yes no matter what wax you use, they are all great. only one i have not tried yet is the new Americana as i still have the old one. Hope to get that in a mystery box one of these days like I did the Patriot wax.

Nice shine on those rides! Looks fantastic.

Thanks

Looks amazing brother, every time i see your camaro it makes me want one so bad!

Appreciate it, you know you want one.

That's amazing man.

Thanks

Great Job looks amazing, I have something to look forward to when i get a chance to use my wax   :)

Thx, and yes no matter what wax you use, they are all great. only one i have not tried yet is the new Americana as i still have the old one. Hope to get that in a mystery box one of these days like I did the Patriot wax.

Nice shine on those rides! Looks fantastic.

Thanks

Looks amazing brother, every time i see your camaro it makes me want one so bad!

Appreciate it, you know you want one.

That's amazing man.

Thanks