Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery Wax vs Americana

Will_Cog

Question

Just curious for people who have both Americana and Buttery wax, is Buttery wax just sitting on the shelf now? I use detail spray/glaze quite often and every month or so a fresh coating of Americana. What are people using their Buttery Wax for?

16 answers to this question

I just did a chemical decontamination, clayed the car and applied butter wax. Is the any harm in applying Americana over the butter wax or should I strip wash and start over with brilliant glaze followed up with Americana?

You should be fine working over the Buttery Wax.

Since Americana has a superior durability compared to the Buttery wax, it's what I use twice a year (once at the start of the car show season and once before winter). In between I use the Buttery wax to stay protected as it's easier to apply. In between Buttery wax applications (most likely once a month but still figuring this out) I'll be using a regimen of Wash and Wax and H2O G&G.

So what's the benefit of keeping Americana in the fridge?  I have been using it for years, and my only complaint is it breaks up and becomes kind of crumbly.  This would have been the old formula.  I have a new batch waiting to arrive.  Should I keep it in the fridge?

i'm still new to the whole glaze/polish/wax/sealant systems.  

i have a black nissan 350 that is garage kept and driven only a couple of times a month.   i know that a sealant goes on first to bond with the surface, then the wax on top of it.  

i had planned to use buttery wax, but am happy to give the Americana a try--the question is--does the addition of the sealant layer compromise the gloss effect of the Americana?